Bug in Messages Icon / Widget

Last Updated:

1. ozy

ozy Member This Topic's Starter

If I place the Messages Icon on my home screen it will be overlaid with a little green circle indicating the number of unread messages. So, when I receive a message a little green circle with a 1 in it will appear.

However, even after I have acknowledged the notification, read the message etc the 1 stays there. It never goes away even if I reboot the phone. The only way to get rid of it is to remove the icon and then add it back again.

Anyone else have this problem ?
    Anyone found a fix ?

Advertisement
  2. sonisoe

sonisoe Member

doesnt happen to me, its more of a glitch in the OS it seems, as it should be automatic that the circle disappears after you've read the message, there's no setting. best then, bring it to the HTC center or get it replaced. but i have my own message-bug, since msgs seem to be displayed based on time-stamp, new incoming ones from a friend, for example, replying to my text are displayed BEFORE my outgoing message. this happens because there's a time difference between mind and my friend's.... my friends time-stamps are either their operator's or their handsets'. (time difference is actually quiet normal right ? as usually your clock isnt exactly the same as your friends' even the slightest difference of 1 minute or even seconds). so a lot of time, i have to find my new incoming msgs in the middle of the thread. but funny thing is, i installed a messaging app (chompSMS), this bug doesnt happen, messages are displayed based they're received on my handset despite the time-difference.

3. alanzer

alanzer Well-Known Member

I have and issues with the messages staying 'unread' so the icon shows that I have unread messages, and the message is highlighted as unread as well. My only fix was to delete the whole thread...