• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Bug Sending Contacts to Voicemail with SenseUI

Hi,
I've developed the app Group to Voicemail for Android and have come across an interesting issue that only occurs on HTC phones:
When I programatically send a Contact to voicemail (using the SEND_TO_VOICEMAIL field for ContactsContract.Contacts), it works as expected. However, when I set that field back to '0' (to not send that Contact to voicemail anymore) the check box is unchecked for that Contact in the UI, but calls that come in still go to voicemail. The only way to actually put the change into effect is to reboot the phone (obviously not an acceptable solution for users) :)

Anyway, I've only seen this happen, and had reports from users that have HTC phones (Incredible and Evo). It works fine on the Motorola Droid as far as I can tell. (It even works on a Rooted Incredible that has had the SenseUI stripped off)

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Matt

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones