Bug: Setting birthday of contact is one day offSupport

Last Updated:

1. icedog

icedog Member This Topic's Starter

Edit a contact, and click to add a birthday event.
    Select a date and press OK
    Notice you're taking to the contact screen, but the date is one day what you selected.

Example:
    I select February 20, 1982 and press OK
    The field now shows February 19, 1982

Interestingly, when you save the contact, the correct date is shown in the field. That is, February 20, 1982

Advertisement
  2. Eshyn

Eshyn Well-Known Member

Might want to reword that; not sure I follow. Are you saying that the date is one day off of what you selected?

3. icedog

icedog Member This Topic's Starter

Modified.... Sorry, it's 2am.

4. Eshyn

Eshyn Well-Known Member

No apologies necessary.

I am not having that problem. Sorry I can't be of any help. :eek:

5. Buckwild

Buckwild Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed that tonight as well. It's one day off when you're setting it but after you save it, it's correct.

6. taris300

taris300 Well-Known Member

i noticed this too, im sure there will eventually be some kinda push or update to fix this. until then, i've been updating via my gmail/g voice account online

7. stan.droid

stan.droid New Member

yeah, im having the same issue..Wonder who is responsible, 2.1 or Sense UI. Nexus doesnt have this function, so it must be sense.

Im also wondering why on the contact info it would show the weekday of the year the person was born, rather what weekday it is this year. Doesnt it seem a little irrelevant? And, to top it off, there is no year shown.

Ex: Today is Wed, May 5th, 2010, if, lets say someone's bday was entered as May 5th, 2009, the main screen would show Tue, May 5th...

Am I picky, or is this totally irrelevant? And why do I have to "edit" the contact to see the year?

8. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue and why the hell are you using my birthday?!?!?!?!?!?!?

9. flex4god

flex4god New Member

I have the exact same problem with the birthdays (and anniversarie;s) being off by one as well. Interestingly, it only happens if the contact is of type "Google". If the contact is of type "phone", I do not have this problem.

10. Chandria

Chandria Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. The way to get around it for now is to set the time and give it like a 4-8 hour window. If you leave at for the "all day" option then it will be off by 1 day. I have tried it on several B-days and Anniversaries and as soon as I gave it a few hour window, it shows on the correct date. I know it will be fixed eventually, but for now this is how you get around the issue. ;)

11. newjacksm

newjacksm Well-Known Member

Saw this today when I was on the pooper playing with my phone!

12. mtollin

mtollin Well-Known Member

All day events are an issue in not only this, but syncing to MS Exchange. HTC claims they are working on it.

13. dimantorr

dimantorr New Member

I sync my Sony Ericsson Experia PRO with Exchange through ActiveSync (I've tried ActiveSync, TouchDown, Moxier sync). Birthdays are shown one day earlier than on Exchange Server. It there any solution for it? If not, I want to change it manualy for each contact on my Android device, but I can't find any application, that can do this. Did someone find the solution? Thank you.