Bug with auto-brightness

Last Updated:

1. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have noticed that if you turn on auto-brightness and go outdoors, the screen obviously gets brighter to help you see.

However, if you don't press anything and allow the screen to start going into standby, but then tap the screen before it turns of completely, the screen lights up again, but not enough. After this point the phone will not change the brightness of the screen automatically, regardless of the light conditions.

Pressing the standby button to lock the phone and then unlocking it again clears the bug, and the auto-brightness once again works.

I noticed this only when I was outside, where high brightness is essential. I was thinking what to type and the screen started shutting down, when I tapped to stop it from doing so, the screen was too dark to really see anything. Like I said, you can clear the problem by locking and unlocking the phone.

I use power control and wondered whether this was causing the problem, but I don't think it is. Not a huge deal as I don't really use auto-brightness, but kinda strange.

UPDATE:
    Seems to only happen when screen timeout is set to 30 secs. Set it to one minute and it seems to be ok.

Advertisement