Bug With Sense UI Date Selector - Dates Show Up as 1 Day PriorSupport

Last Updated:

1. Squintz82

Squintz82 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone else have this issue when setting dates in the calendar or with contacts?

When I set a date, Sense UI brings up a date scroller wheel, where I use a virtual wheel to select Month, Day, and Year. After setting the desired date, I hit OK, and I'm brought back to the previous screen (calendar or contact I'm setting a date for). The field then shows the date I set as being 1 day prior to the date I picked. However, when I save and come back, the date is fine.

Wish I could take a screen shot to make this easier to explain. Not a massive issue, but it gets confusing sometimes since I think I selected the wrong day.

Advertisement
  2. Mike_B

Mike_B Well-Known Member

Had it happen yesterday. Tried to update my wife in my contacts -- scrolled to her bday (13 Oct), it saved as 12 Oct instead.

3. Wynnded

Wynnded Well-Known Member

I walked through this on my phone and it doesn't react the same as yours, mine shows the date that I selected. I can't think of what to suggest that you might want to check.

4. Squintz82

It doesn't seem like a constant issue either, but happens often.

5. mickym5

mickym5 Well-Known Member

I have had this issue as well, not sure why this happens

6. rogers259

rogers259 Member

Happens on my phone as well as my wife's but I guess it doesnt really matter as I cant get my calendar updates because Gmail will not push to the phone due to the Google Talk Authentication failure issue.

LOTS of Bugs!!

7. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

Discovered this bug yesterday when adding my sister's anniversary to her contact. Good news is it only shows the wrong date when selecting the date. Even though it was a day off when I was setting it up, it shows up correctly in her contact.

8. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

I've seen what you're describing, but it's never stuck for me. In other words, it shows as the previous day as soon as I enter it, but if I exit the contact and then open it back up, it shows the correct date.

Maybe it's showing the date of a reminder/alarm it sets instead or something?

9. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

I noticed this yesterday when trying to put in a birthday for a contact. Very strange.

10. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

That's funny - I get the same thing - displays wrong until I save, then it displays correctly.

11. Mr.Slave

Mr.Slave Well-Known Member

I get the same date issue with B-Day entry. It shows one day behind but when I save it the date is correct. It is only wrong while I am in edit mode.

12. Squintz82

Well, I'm glad this is documented at least :)

13. Aceball

Aceball New Member

Yeah, i can confirm that. I had a multiday event that I was trying to adjust and both the start and the end date selectors would show the date prior to, or before the date that i selected with the selector wheel. From what I can tell, it was booking the wrong dates in the calendar as well.....this is unacceptble. This along with entering new events on the Inc showing up as invited events in Gcal and Outlook make my phone a "read only" calendar at this point. Anyone submitted a big report yet? Hopefully is being addressed in Froyo.

Even with these problems....still the best phone I've ever had.

Aceball

14. Aceball

Aceball New Member

Nevermind, the bug is selector only, in edit mode, as previosly described. Its displays the day prior to your selector wheel input, but puts the event in the calendar with the correct date.

15. viki412ag

viki412ag Member

I also noticed this problem on my phone one day, but I just tried it again (setting a birthday on a contact) and it worked just fine. I'll have to keep an eye on it I guess... hope they permanently resolve this bug....