• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bug With Sense UI Date Selector - Dates Show Up as 1 Day Prior

Does anyone else have this issue when setting dates in the calendar or with contacts?

When I set a date, Sense UI brings up a date scroller wheel, where I use a virtual wheel to select Month, Day, and Year. After setting the desired date, I hit OK, and I'm brought back to the previous screen (calendar or contact I'm setting a date for). The field then shows the date I set as being 1 day prior to the date I picked. However, when I save and come back, the date is fine.

Wish I could take a screen shot to make this easier to explain. Not a massive issue, but it gets confusing sometimes since I think I selected the wrong day.

I've seen what you're describing, but it's never stuck for me. In other words, it shows as the previous day as soon as I enter it, but if I exit the contact and then open it back up, it shows the correct date.

Maybe it's showing the date of a reminder/alarm it sets instead or something?

Upvote 0
I've seen what you're describing, but it's never stuck for me. In other words, it shows as the previous day as soon as I enter it, but if I exit the contact and then open it back up, it shows the correct date.

Maybe it's showing the date of a reminder/alarm it sets instead or something?

That's funny - I get the same thing - displays wrong until I save, then it displays correctly.

Upvote 0
Yeah, i can confirm that. I had a multiday event that I was trying to adjust and both the start and the end date selectors would show the date prior to, or before the date that i selected with the selector wheel. From what I can tell, it was booking the wrong dates in the calendar as well.....this is unacceptble. This along with entering new events on the Inc showing up as invited events in Gcal and Outlook make my phone a "read only" calendar at this point. Anyone submitted a big report yet? Hopefully is being addressed in Froyo.

Even with these problems....still the best phone I've ever had.

Aceball

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones