• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Buggy phone?

androidag

Lurker
Jan 7, 2011
So I originally got the atrix on release day and it was amazing... However i recently experienced a little water damage :eek: and had to have the phone replaced under insurance. So I got my new atrix today, the problem is that somewhat regularly this phone kind of spazzes out pressing random buttons and will freeze for a few seconds. Also sometimes it will not allow me to press anything at the top of the screen such as the top bar under settings or changing from paid to free apps in the market. Basically what I'm wondering is if this is something I could take to at&t and have them replace and give me a new one???

I bought mine the day it came out and had it for 1 month and 2 weeks with ZERO issues. No lag, no restarts, no freezing, nothing. Then it literally died out of nowhere. It said "Fk this" and keeled over without warning. They sent me a replacement refurb phone that was garbage and had problems, so they sent me ANOTHER replacement refurb phone. This one seemed promising up until today when i encountered a bit of lag...or temporary freezing...or something. I just wish I could have my original phone back, before it died. And I wish they would send me a new one.

Upvote 0
I bought mine the day it came out and had it for 1 month and 2 weeks with ZERO issues. No lag, no restarts, no freezing, nothing. Then it literally died out of nowhere. It said "Fk this" and keeled over without warning. They sent me a replacement refurb phone that was garbage and had problems, so they sent me ANOTHER replacement refurb phone. This one seemed promising up until today when i encountered a bit of lag...or temporary freezing...or something. I just wish I could have my original phone back, before it died. And I wish they would send me a new one.

Bummer. I've only had mine a few days so can still return it. I went ahead and did a factory reset and am only installing the apps I really want. Will see if this helps. If not, back it goes. When it works I love the phone. But so far it seems really unstable and buggy.

Upvote 0
I had a very similar issue. At first I only noticed it when I'd play Dungeon Defender too long. The phone would start to become unresponsive. Then I noticed it when using the phone for GPS on long trips and leaving the screen on. Recently it became very warm in the Chicagoland area and my phone freaked out. Swype was unusable and would only type gobbledygook even when trying to press and not swype. I spoke to AT&T and Moto tech support and they agreed something was wrong and to get a new phone. They said I should have it tomorrow or the next day, I was pleasantly surprised by the responsiveness of their customer service.

Upvote 0
I've had my phone for 2 months. I haven't used the video much, but it worked well when I tested it once when I'd just gotten it. Now, the audio part of the video recording is just not working well - I hardly get any sound. I've also just started noticing that the touch screen is not always responding, as it had in the past - especially at the bottom. I did a factory reset to see if it would help, and tested the video before installing any apps. No improvement at all. I agree that it's sad, because I really do like the phone. My phone is like new, too. It really hasn't had hard wear or any damage, at all. I'll be going in to have them take a look at my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones