• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bugless Beast 0.2 to be "Epic"

Thanks for the description - you should add this to the release thread you posted! It (the thread) really needs a change-log/change summary to clarify what's new...

Can the CPU top-end throttling be turned off? Reason I ask is sometimes you want to try a new kernel to see if you can handle a higher speed...if it jumps to max speed every time you boot no matter what, that's a pain if that sends your phone into boot loops, making it impossible to try one of the slower speeds the kernel may offer...

You can still edit the install-recovery.sh file if you want to underclock without SetCPU (but then you have to edit again if you want to go to max frequency). Or, you could run SetCPU.

By the way, I already included the link to this post in my OP in the .02 thread.

Upvote 0
You can still edit the install-recovery.sh file if you want to underclock without SetCPU (but then you have to edit again if you want to go to max frequency). Or, you could run SetCPU.

By the way, I already included the link to this post in my OP in the .02 thread.

Thanks...I do run SetCPU, but assumed the built-in overclocking would override SetCPU settings when a new kernel is installed, since SetCPU hasn't scanned the kernel for settings until you launch it and run auto-detect, right?

Upvote 0
Very pleased!

Good news (for me, anyway) - install was the smoothest install I've ever had with a 2.2 ROM on my 2.2-ROM-hating Droid...only required one reboot to settle down, and running smooth and fast with working WiFi.

The numbers, w/800MHz kernel, on-demand setting:
Linpack: 12.5
SetCPU: 250
Quadrant: 947

Upvote 0
nice. I need to make a new backup of m current ROM and then I can play with this thing.

Wish it was on ROM Manager already....

We're spoiled by that program, aren't we, John? :)

I downloaded directly to my Droid using WiFi, and then used ROM Manager's install ROM from SD card, so it was pretty painless.
Oy! I'm pooped from work and was hoping it was avail in rom manager already as well. Best app purchase ever!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I would go out and say "epic"...what did you expect? I'll take better performance and battery any day, espeically on Froyo. Looking forward to testing this out. Hopefully less bugs than .1

I agree completely. Pete seems to be overhyping his roms as of late imo.

Hey apps2sd workin is pretty epic I would say. That is a huge feature to be adding. None of the other froyo builds have it yet. I for one am extra excited...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Apps2sd is built into froyo. It works on my phone and I am running a plain version of the leak.

Upvote 0
I agree completely. Pete seems to be overhyping his roms as of late imo.

Not for me, for this one...my best experience w/a 2.2 ROM to date, very epic for me. ;)

Apps2sd is built into froyo. It works on my phone and I am running a plain version of the leak.

He's made it automatic (all apps install to the SD card), which some may consider epic. I prefer to choose what I want to move there myself.

Epic, schmepic... :) Pete does great work, I figure he can call his ROMs whatever he wants as long as he keeps making them. Pete's ROMs will likely continue to be among the best available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones