• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bugless Beast 0.7 to 0.8: Worthwhile?

The_Chief

Accept no imitations!
  • Nov 17, 2009
    Manchester, Tennessee
    I guess I'm straddling the fence here. I have all my screens nicely populated, my apps nicely organized, and my data nicely stored on my Droid. NOW all of a sudden 0.8 comes out with wi-fi tethering. Nice but not really necessary for me, but still... it's THERE!

Question is, is it worth my having to do all this work over again just to get 0.8, or should I just wait for 1.0 to come out? Those of you who migrated up from 0.7 feel free to chime in and tell me if I'm really missing out on anything spectacular.

I'm using BB 0.7 I don't see the need to update. If you want the wifi tether app go here. I'm using pre7, I don't see the need to upgrade to pre8
    wireless_tether-2_0-pre8

- Release notes

* Added support for Motorola Cliq. Needs to be tested! (Thanks to the DemoShadow Dev Team for helping with this.)
    * Added the "reduce transmit-power"-feature for NexusOne.

Running BB.07 with Chevy's 5 slot 1Ghz kernel and wifi tether pre7
    all working in perfect harmony.

Upvote 0
    There is an update.zip.. no need to worry about anything. I went from .7 to .8 a couple days ago. I was worried at first because I already had his smoked glass theme and pulled a couple widgets that were also themed... Flashed it and everything was the same except for the theme went back to stock.. just had to re-update.zip the smoked glass and all was back to normal.. couldn't be happier. I like the included low voltage 600 kernel. It has been nice on my battery and I dont see much of a difference from when I was overclocking 1.2 but drats .9 is out now.... : )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones