Bugless Beast 7.8 out - best ROM I've used to date

1. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I'm having zero issues so far...keyboard great, signal full strength, youtube videos play great, very responsive performance...though it's been a short period of time, so far this is the best ROM I've used to date.

Mine was a 7.8 update.zip over 8.7 BB that was running Adamz's kernel. All I did was wipe cache and do the 7.8 update.zip. I'm running at 1Ghz, all restrictive profiles set to 250/550 when they are in force.

Very happy - has live wallpapers (2.01 launcher, so they aren't interactive unless you use a home replacement like dxtop or others that support live wallpaper), touch confirmation on home screen and app drawer is back, cpu temps working w/temp monitor, auto-brightness works, no issues with setcpu, root explorer, updated and added a total of about 8 apps from the market w/out any issues, used Titanium backup to back up all my apps and then restore one after a market update broke something in the app, etc.

And...I'm posting this via wireless tether.

Some have had problems with this update, I believe mostly those up updated via Nandroid. Check out the thread on alldroid in Pete's section...

Advertisement
    inssane likes this.
  2. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Per my 7.7 thread, that version was buggy on the phone dialer for me.
    And it rebooted.

I just backed up my current image and will try 7.8 - per Pete, it looks like the JIT was the stability issue, hence the next update so soon.
    I am still updating via zip.
    Thanks for the info
    Nick
  3. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

Working great for me. Seems stable on everything so far and signal strength seems better.
  4. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

Anyone tried the 2.1 launcher on BB 0.7.8? I'm trying xeudoxus's xhero one and if you go into an app and hit home button it freezes and reboots everytime?
    I just want to see the animated wallpapers respond to touch =(
  5. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

all the live papers are working for me except the nexus one (no touch response) and I can even download more from market

one issue, my signal strength bar seems to of disappeared. Still have a signal, but the bars dont show...
  6. carlz28

carlz28 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue earlier, but I think Pete fixed that and is now is the current 7.8 update.zip file.
    I just d/l'd it a few minutes ago and it is working fine for me now.

Though I'm not a huge fan of the 'smoke' theme, it does work well. For some reason when I applied the stock theme patch the lagginess returned. Not sure why that would make it lag, but oh well. I returned to the smoke theme and everything is silky smooth now. All animations, menus, etc seem to respond flawlessly. I guess I'll just have to get used to the smoke theme for now.

I'm honestly starting to like this ROM better than the Sholes/DM ROMs.
    Everything I use works for me and have no issues with FCs at all.
    The live wallpapers were icing on the cake :cool:
  7. doomedromance

The Touch response does work. Only with a 2.1 launcher or home screen replacement that's compatible. The 2.0.1 launcher BB uses has no touch response. The one time I got 2.1 to work the touch response worked... Then it crashed and rebooted my phone 10 sec later coming back out of an app.
    Oh well, I just wanted to see it in action and I did for like 15 seconds. Nuff for me.

I have another problem. My Drocap2 is broken. I thought maybe it was the JIT causing it, but with 0.7.8 it still fails. Tried it w/o live wallpaper and it still fails "to execute drocap2"

Yeah same, I noticed it didn't run as smoothly with the stock patch. I tried Sholes ROM I went back to BBeast in like 15mins. I'm done with messing with other things. I'm sticking to whatever Pete gives me. Except I use the xeudoxus 2.0 lock screen. It always lags for me when first installed but after a reboot it works fine.
  8. doomedromance

I just installed that social network live wallpaper. It's pretty sweet. Facebook and Twitter status updates floating around your home screen.

If you don't have good eyesight though you might have a hard time reading the tiny font.
  9. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

I read it was fixed in the change log, but the issue persist for me.

All touch wllpapers, except the Nexus one are working for me. Full funcrionality
  10. sbrady12

sbrady12 New Member

Having issues with Market FCing

I ran the nandroid backup install version and it seems to have killed root for me as well, if it didnt actually kill root, it definitely disabled the "Allow or Deny" popup...going back to BB0.7.6
  11. brandoshido

brandoshido Well-Known Member

i get a reboot cycle 3 or 4 times once it gets to 'preparing sd card'. after the loop, it boots up, but then acts like my sdcard isnt inserted. I was pretty stoked for live wallpapers too, but its not worth it until i know whats wrong with it...
  12. Redflea

That's why I warned about the nandroid version in my op...just run the update.zip version - worked great for me.
  13. Blackbrawler

Blackbrawler Well-Known Member

Everything seems to work fine except for live wallpapers for me. They worked great all last night when i updated.

But this morning when i started changing them around my droid would keep restarting on me and wouldn't load up at all until i did a reinstilation of BB(same version)

I think it may have been the fact i had a low battery, my cpu was to high, or the live wallpapers.....

Also i cant seem to find live wall papers on the market..... how do i get to them
  14. fatcanadian21

fatcanadian21 Active Member

Are there any free home replacement screen apps for the live wallpapers, I really want to try one out already ")
  15. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Sounds cool, where'd ya find that? I can't find any live wallpapers from the market.
  16. Redflea

It's there - if you have 7.8 installed (or any ROM that reports itself as a 2.1 OS) search on Live Wallpapers and scroll down and you'll see "social wallpaper".

Or just search on "social wallpaper." :)
  17. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Ah, I was on 7.7 at the time, that's why they didn't show up. Thanks.
  18. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

edit: nm