Bugless Beast Question

Last Updated:

1. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ive been running the bugless beast rom for about a week now. Is it automatically overclocked or do I need to get an app to adjust it.

Just doesn't seem to be faster.

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

It was my understanding that if you flash an o/c'ed kernel, that it would run at the max speed on demand. But, I could have been misled. Besides, the setCPU app is only a couple of bucks, and I think the profiles that you can set make it worth every bit of the asking price.

3. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

that did the trick, much faster now. thanks

4. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I've been under the impression that a rom can give it the ability to be OCed, but you still need SetCPU to actually do it.

5. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

What version of Bugless Beast do you have? If you have Beast, it already has the Taz kernel with OC'ing built in. When I say "built in", I mean it's possible to OC. That does not mean that it is OC'ed by default. If you have an older version of BB (early february builds) then it may have SetCPU already installed. If SetCPU is there, open it up and see what your speed is.

Later versions required that Pete remove SetCPU from his ROM due to the developer's request. The ability to overclock is still there though, so all you need to do is download SetCPU from the market, and open it up. It will allow you to change your speeds to anything that the kernel supports, which in his new version goes up to 1gHz I believe.