1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Bugs in firmware I5Support

1. benzi

benzi Member

Someone can state for sure that IH8 is better than I5?
  2. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

I had less problems with H7. Next restore, if the latest firmware isnt any good i'm going back to that.
  3. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Define "better".

I think in honesty your best bet is just to try both.
  4. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

There was very little difference in performance or battery BUT in H7:

- The unlock button behaved properly for the first time. Unlock was faster and it wouldnt do that wierd thing where you need to press it for just the right amount of time.

- I consistantly had 40mb free on boot and ~30mb after normal use. Now I have ~30mb on boot, and ~20mb after normal use

- The phone didnt randomely power off

That's about all, but these little things are really anoyying for what seems very little or no benefits in I5
  5. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

So for a newbie who just got the phone do you advise to install H7 or I5
    ?:confused:
  6. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

H7, maybe even H8.

But since you're wiping now you might as well try I5 for half an hour, then H7 and compare yourself.
  7. integra891

integra891 Member

So my uptime on my phone has been 48 hours and counting and I havent had a dropped call or other issue that I was having before. I did a factory reset and reinstalled everything. So the dropped call problem I was having I think is related to this maybe? I dont know but so far the phone is working very well. When is samsung going to come out with another firmware update. It had better include donut 1.6 as I just played with it on a mytouch 3g and i like the battery usage feature. I also like the voice search stuff although that isnt a big deal overall.
  8. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

9. benzi

benzi Member

no 3G network after full installation + reset factory defaults of I5? Is it true?
  10. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Have tried this but it does'nt work for me, just opening an app seems to block the dialerpad ,it's a real pain before each call have to think if I need the pad or not and use "force stop" if so :(
  11. benzi

benzi Member

After defining correct APN -:)
  12. Tech

Tech Active Member

This is problem with the G8 too... :) That's why I've installed a BatWidg..but BatWidg is not precise also so you r hoping for longest run.. :(

2nd battery in pocket is advised.. :)
  13. hippy

hippy Well-Known Member

Has anyone found a UK supplier of spare batteries?
    Also is any "micro usb" cable suitable for the i7500 - I want one to leave at work and home. Or, failing that, a source for spare chargers?
  14. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

yeah i got my spare cable (samsung one died) from amazon as a car kit. obviously it was a bit expensive but imo worth it as i needed a car charger anyway but they dont seem to sell them like that any more.
    there is this though
    DURAGADGET USB Data sync / synchronisation cable for: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

afaik the battery for the omnia 2 is the same
    you might want to get the battery moddel number and put it into ebay/google and see what comes up
  15. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

I have had no luck locating spare batteries. I asked Seidio, and they said they had no plans to bring a high-capacity version to market for the Galaxy. :(

On the bright side -- yes, any standard micro USB cable will do, both for data and for charging. Finally something the industry, as a whole, is getting right. :)
  16. Rastaman-FB

17. RellikZephyr

RellikZephyr Well-Known Member

That is not entirely true. I bought a Motorola usb car charger and it only charged phone when it was powered off. When phone was on it would not charge only basically stop from depleting.

Anyone else find this?

Rellikzephyr

Posted from my galaxy.
  18. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

That is not the cable's fault -- more likely, it must be a 'dumb' charger. USB devices per default get 100mA from the host, but can request to get the full 500mA. When you plug your phone into a pc, it should be able to negotiate for that, but some (esp. car) chargers don't 'listen' to the USB. So if your phone consumes ~100mA at idle, there's your reason.
  19. RellikZephyr

Ahh righto

So is there any easy way to tell a smart charger from a dumb one?

Because I am still chasing a car charger for my galaxy

Cheers
    Rellikzephyr

Posted from my galaxy
  20. Rastaman-FB

21. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Also motorola chargers do some stupid negotiation with some phones to force them into charge mode. Avoid them as replacements for other phones.
  22. RellikZephyr

as there are no samsung galaxy car chargers out yet, what do you recommend?

Rastaman-FB - although yours works can you confirm if i get an aussie one it will work to? as i doubt they will be same brand cause no point me buying from UK

i had one of those wall usb ones and it did the same thing, run but not charge (though it was an older one)

kam187 - what would you think would be better? a nokia one? ...?

or... i should just play with them until i find one that works maybe

Thanks

RellikZephyr
  23. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Hi All ,
    Going back to bugs in I5, has anyone noticed when you turn on sync with samsungs "switchers" it dose not sync straight away (if not ever ,I gave up waiting) but if you use sync in settings it starts synchronising imediatley :(
  24. qwerty100

qwerty100 Well-Known Member

The phone comes with a usb lead, so simply get a Car USB charger gadget (ebay -> "car usb charger", about
  25. hollowroom

hollowroom Member