Buh-bye BB Tour!

Last Updated:

1. Ubermother

Ubermother Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have fallen in love with my Droid X!

A question though! I use Gmail with labels and 80% of my messages are filed into each label. I don't receive notices of these messages, only the ones that go directly to my Inbox. How do I set it up so I receive notification of ALL email?

Also, I added an appointment to my gCal via Droid X and it showed up as an invite vs an actual appointment.:( How do I change that?

Anyone have better emoticons for texting?

Advertisement
  2. Ubermother

Bump!

3. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Open gMail. Press Menu->Settings->Labels. You can now specify how many days you wish to synchronize for each label.

Not sure why your appt. showed up as an invite. I don't have that problem, but I don't have a Droid either.

You might investigate one of the alternative text programs. I use Handcent, and I understand that ChompSMS is also quite good.

jd

Ubermother likes this.
  4. Ubermother

I have that done, it just doesn't send me a notification. So if I receive an email from my boys' school and it goes into their school folder, I don't receive a notification. It shows up when I click that label, but I have to look to see if I have messages under those labels.

5. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Hmmm... so you must have a filter in gMail that assigns labels. The only think I can think of is that maybe the filter is set to mark emails as read?

I have a similar setup and I always get notifications.

You might try using an app such as gMail Notifier to see if it gives you notifications. If you do use it, make sure to disable notifications in the gMail app.

Ubermother likes this.
  6. Ubermother

Yes, the filter assigns labels. I checked the filters set up and there is no way to mark them as read. They do skip the inbox though and go directly to the filter. I did install GMail Label Notifier and added the labels that were most important. I have Facebook notifications going to a label so now I will start seeing them. :)