[Build Prop Tweaks And other Customizations] Customise Micromax A73 a little bit.

1. shahabazas

shahabazas ~*~ Android Addict ~*~ Guide

Disclaimer/Warning:

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM DONE TO YOUR PHONE USING THIS . DONT BLAME ME IF YOUR PHONE TURNS INTO A PAPERWEIGHT/BRICKED USING THIS. DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK.

Requirements:

1. Root explorer/File manager with Root access download it from play store.

Credits:

1. beerzar for asking me to try to change the lockscreen.
    2. Ninad Chaudhari and Varun Chitre for motivating all A73 users.
    3. Maastermind1024, AmarZo T DAs, Dark God and Aayushdutta for being with me whenver i needed their help and letting me try all my ways what i have tried and tested.
    4. My Office as i have downloaded all the required software and tools by using the internet of my office.
    5. Myself for having an urge to get a different look on my Micromax A73 just for fun.
    6. To all of those whose name i haven't mention here who have helped me in one or the other way in reaching my goal to customize my Micromax A73.
    7. To all the respective Devs for the applications and the softwares what i have used and the links what i have provide.

Will keep this thread update as and when tried anything new in Build prop and all others are also welcome to provide their tips and tricks of Build prop.

Enjoy... ;)

Advertisement
    drsparsh likes this.
  2. shahabazas

Do you guys want a different lock screen on your Micromax A73 then do this.

Open the file manager which have root access then go to home and then go to system and at the end you will find a file name build.prop copy and it and keep it safe if something go wrong then you can replace this backup with the changed build.prop so keep a copy of it and then again come back to the file and long press on it and select permission and check all the boxes then opne it with text editor and search the line curlockscreen=2 just cahnge it to curlockscreen=102 and then save the file. Reboot your phone you will have a default Gingerbread lockscreen(horizontal silider lockscreen).

Have fun ;) and haan keep this thread posted :) and updated :) with your build prop tweaks...

Check out screen shots...
    parth1221 and falesh like this.
  3. ninadchaudhari

ninadchaudhari What's up !

I would strongly suggest ppl to use any of the "Builf.prop editors " from play store ...

Its always safe to edit the file from those apps .
    Also you need not worry about the Permissions etc.
    shahabazas likes this.
  4. shahabazas

Hey guys check the screen shots what i am postiong and see what i did on my Micromax A73
  5. shahabazas

Check more...
  6. shahabazas

And some more...

Attached Files:

• 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      223 KB
      Views:
  7. falesh

falesh Well-Known Member

arre ICS theme kaha se ?
  8. falesh

falesh Well-Known Member

this works ! :) gr8 wrk doode !
  9. shahabazas

S you have tried this and now everything is working fine for you with root access? hey if you have downloaded the ascreenshots soft then post some screenshots so that other cane also come to know that this method actually works and then can also use all the stuff without any worries...
  10. falesh

falesh Well-Known Member

yea sure man !
    in a couple of mins bt ye ICS wala nhi hua iska method bata na !
  11. shahabazas

Download Holo launcher from play store and replace it with your default launcher which actually sucks...
  12. falesh

falesh Well-Known Member

holo launcher isnt slow is it ??
    coz baki ADW GO etc sab r vry slow on our A73
  13. shahabazas

No its not and its also customizable and also its the ICS one so just go for it...
  14. kitbor

kitbor Well-Known Member

Mate i tried to change it eith androotfile but doesnt work and it says file cannot be write
  15. shahabazas

U first need to provide permission and the u can edit n save jut follow d steps provided in d OP or else u can use any build prop edit downloaded from play store.
  16. falesh

falesh Well-Known Member

bhai kuch custom rom ka hua ??
    Cynogen koi b ! ? :eek:
    coz kuch b ho stock is too sloww !
  17. falesh

falesh Well-Known Member

Guys try Moborobo !
    accha sync 0software h fr easy backup n pc suite ! :)
  18. falesh

falesh Well-Known Member

Temple Run is not avail for A73 !
    d one on XDA fr galaxy y !
    works
    bt is really slow ! :/
    lags a lot during game play !~
  19. falesh

falesh Well-Known Member

stock gallery and cam app is really slow as well...if smthng cud b done !
  20. falesh

falesh Well-Known Member

any new tweaks discovered ?? and watsup with custom rom ?
  21. hba73

hba73 Member

Plz Provied me step by step method to root and uninstall boltware frome my micromax A73, I m new to Android and not able to understand what you have discribed. plz give me step by step single guid
  22. hari347

hari347 Member

how to get file manager which have root access
  23. hari347

hari347 Member

got it ...thanks
  24. hari347

hari347 Member

after selecting permission an checking all the boxes..getting message as operation failed...pls help
  25. falesh

falesh Well-Known Member

which root explorer u r using n is writing dt is chnging a system file enabled ?