• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Build.prop tweaks for the Note. Make it FLY!

Blue1k

Android Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2009
Cloverdale, BC
Just got my Galaxy Note. Long time Galaxy S2 user.

Here is what I added to build.prop to make my Note run a lot faster:

For those wanting some tweaks:

I modded the build.prop to include GPU 2D acceleration, lower wifi scanning intervals (to save battery), remove delay after ending calls, jpeg quality to 100%, reduce dialing out delay.

My phone FLIES now. So much smoother. The only crappy app still laggy is Twitter (bad API and we have to wait till they fix it).

If you want to try this modded build.prop do the following:

1. Install Root Explorer. Go to /system. Copy build.prop to your memory card. Click on it and rename it to build.prop.bak to create a backup.

2. Go back to /system and copy the build.prop to your sd card again. Open it either using root explorer (never works for me) or open it with a text editor on your computer.

3. Copy the following code to the bottom of your build.prop. Ensure that you are not adding duplicates of any lines (in my build.prop there were none). If one of the lines of code is already there, then just the option to the one I listed below.Click save.

Code:
#tweaks
debug.sf.hw=1
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100
ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0
ro.lge.proximity.delay=25
mot.proximity.delay=25

4. Copy the modded build.prop (using root explorer) to /system. In /system click /ro and make sure it says /rw or you won't be able to paste the build.prop in this folder. Overwrite.

5. Reboot and enjoy.

Cheers. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones