Build quality

Last Updated:

1. Paul7876

Paul7876 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed anything about the build qualoity of the HTC Desire.
    I've had the phone just over a month, and I've noticed the menu button seems to be rotated slightly to the left. Also the up volumne lacks the solid click of the down volume.
    Has anyone else noticed anything?

Advertisement
  2. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

I don't see how the menu button could have rotated...it's enclosed in a pretty snug hole in the case. Haven't noticed any build problems with mine as of yet - Very solidly made.

3. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Had mine for just over 5 weeks now & i have found the build quality to be of a very high standard & quite robust.

4. Paul7876

Yeah the buttons are pretty tight. I don't know if its something I've done or if it was like it to start with.
    Its only a small movement because the case won't let it move much, I've tried to turn it back but it won't move. That makes me think its always been like that and I just didn't notice

5. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

had mine since easter and have no issues with build or buttons/rocker. It is pretty solid all round. I have read of people having problems with the back cover not fitting properly, but am unable to comment, as it is snugly fitting and has no movement outside of what you would expect. LOoking at mine, I cant work out how the menu button could move in any significant way as it is oval!!

6. Paul7876

Its not really significant, the left side is probably a mm lower than the right, its just one of those stupid things I notice all the time now I've seen it

7. ukjets

ukjets Well-Known Member

I think the build quality is lovely and the phne is a really nice thing to look at, but i just wished they could have put some sort of cover over the camera.

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

no problems with my phone, had it since it was released too (and i use it A LOT)

9. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty impressed with my Desire and its build quality. My only real issue is the tiny particle of dust under the screen which must have got in during manufacture. HTC will clean this for me when I wish, so it isn't too bad.

With regards to the buttons etc, my "menu" button slants down to the right if anything. I thought it was part of the phone's design, as the search and back button also slants inwards - albeit ever so slightly.

Paul7876 likes this.
  10. DroidPete

DroidPete Active Member

Not sure if anyone else gets this problem, but I find tiny bits seem to accumulate in the groove around the edge of the screen. Although easy enough to remove, sometimes it needs a bit of compressed air to remove bits in the corners!
    The smallest scratch would annoy me after having only a month of usage, but I'm lucky - it's still in "as new" condition - so I'm happy. :D
    Build quality is pretty high and far outweighs any of my previous phones.

11. Kryten2k35

Kryten2k35 Well-Known Member

Build quality is amazing. I dropped mine at work (the first and LAST time I'll be doing that!) onto concrete from around 4-5 foot. not a dent on it. No scratches on the screen, no scuffs on the facsia. I'm literally amazed. I can't find a single point of stress on the casing at all. It's like it was never dropped.

12. Hardcore

Hardcore Well-Known Member

I have my phone for about 5 weeks and i have no issue with it.
    It seems to be prety solid to me.

13. cloud11

cloud11 Member

defiantly solid just don't drop it!!I dropped mine and experience all sorts of weird problems like slow down and the notification lights going and things so don't make my mistake and drop it even on carpet it doesn't like it one bit.