Build quality?Support

Last Updated:

1. mmmarcus

mmmarcus New Member This Topic's Starter

Dose anyone have any thoughts about the build quality of this phone?
    I love the specs of this phone, but im worried that it will fell to much plastic? more than the iphone 3g/s? It`s nice that this phone is so light, but i personal think that that can contribute to a poor build quality.

Every time i play with the HTC desire, I always is amassed how solid it feels

Advertisement
  2. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor

Actually - I was going to post something similar. But - am considering an EVO - and hoping that the Galaxy S Pro Comes to Sprint. One factor is HTC's Build Quality - which seems to be pretty high - vs Samsung (which I have no idea).

Anyone?

3. larryccf

larryccf Well-Known Member

don't know if would put HTC in same category as Motorola - the Nexus one has quite a few unhappy users - granted there are a number happy but it was definitely rushed to market. It's cousins, the HD2 -i had one for a few days and it displayed the fluctuating 3G signal issue right next to where my MT3G showed 3G strong, and there have been a couple (or more) Incredible owners already posting same issue with their's and they've only been out 2 days

i've had one samsung (T639), a clamshell, that was okay - and others have commented on some of their earlier models (like the Omnia) being software disasters with no support

so i'm on the fence and will wait till it's been out a month or two before pulling the trigger - the MT3G actually does all i need a phone for,

4. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

thats a good point. Unfortunately, some reviews have complained about the plastic backing being quite cheap.

You'd think as a flagship type of phone for their super amoled screen they would have given more consideration to the 8500 and 9000. Be nice if someone would engineer and sell a replacement backing that has that nice textured metal-like. I care less for weight and more for durability and feel.

5. deeoh1084

deeoh1084 Well-Known Member

yeah or even rubberized texture like will be nicer than plastic backing too right?

6. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

But turn the Desire over and check the back cover.... It's a cheap plastic affair.
    Why they did this is confusing, especially as their HD2 has a 'Metal Back'.

See my comment below.
    One option is to use a silicon shell as in a Flexishield Skin or an InvisibleShield for full body protection.
    Regardless, I do agree in that no matter what phone it is there should be adequate protection.
    I suppose it is debatable if the use of plastics are deemed adequate but certainly from a desirability point of view you can't beat a great light weight metal cover.
    The iPhone accessory market has this very well covered.
    For the remainder it's slow, very slow for other phones so I doubt we will see any accessories as found for the iPhone just yet.
    Having said that the Android market recently beat the iPhone in sales for the very first time in the U.S. with Android sales of 28% against Appples iPhone at 22%.
    Maybe there will be a shift in market trends for accessories but those sales of 22% were for just ONE phone.... Androids 28% were for many. :)

7. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

I've had the full body invisible shield on my AT&T Fuze for a long time and it does add pretty nice texture, I'd rather have the smooth feel of the screen for usage, but I'll take safe over sorry when it comes to my new phone.

8. deeoh1084

deeoh1084 Well-Known Member

how good are those invisible shield anyway???? does it really work well?? how long does it last?? and how much is it??? (i know.. i just asked u like 5 questions in a row.... LOL)