Build update questions

Last Updated:

1. westkc3

westkc3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It is not clear from the statement below if when I backup using Mybackup from market will backup everything on the phone. Additionally once the update is complete, will the apps and all other data functionality be restored? Does Mybackup store the backed up info on the SD card or to the PC? I have only had this phone for a week and I've had no issues with it but obviously want the latest and greatest but not at the expense of having to spend hours putting the pieces back together. Mine is a Sprint Hero.

"Any additional software or settings provided by your mobile operator or company will be lost. If you require this customization, please contact your supplier first before upgrading."

Advertisement
  2. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

You might get more info on the Sprint forum.

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I've not used MyBackup, but the files will be stored on your memory card.

Backup apps normally back up non-protected apps, plus all settings for both apps and the handset, bookmarks, SMS database etc. I'm sure others with experience of the app will chime in, but I'm pretty sure that MyBackup will do the job you want it to.

4. n0v

n0v Well-Known Member

Hi,

so if you have several paid for apps and want to back them up is it possible. Also if not can you redownload free from the market those that you have paid for when a firmware upgrade is done?

cheers

n0v

5. JayCee

JayCee Well-Known Member

Yes, I've done this twice for 2 paid for apps.