Built-In AppsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. v941726

v941726 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok. cant delete built in apps unless rooted, correct? since(i believe) this is the case, does anyone know of a way to stop them from gobbling up memory automatically? like footprints to name just one.

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

I think many of the task managers (eStrongs for example) have an "auto kill" option when you bring your phone out of sleep mode. Can't vouch for how well they do the job however; those applications just have a knack for running.

3. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

it is debatable whether those built in apps are really gobbling up your memory or not. and it has been debated many times on this forum. One thing I have found useful since I don't like to use a task killer was someone's suggestion on this fotrum to put a short cut to the "running services" setting on your home page and then you can easily kill the apps that continue running even after you back out of them...esp. ones like camera360 and 3 (cubed). I guess it basically does the same thing as a task killer without taking up the extra space and memory.

4. v941726

but a lot of those apps arent listed in the running services. namely, the built in apps..footprints(especially) shows up seconds after i kill it. dont use it, dont want it, and dont need it. thats just one of them. there is g voice and others that i never even open. its just annoying that these apps start and sit there when i dont use them

5. Flyphoenix

Flyphoenix Well-Known Member

I understand what you're saying I don't use the build in apps either. I want to delete them too I don't want to root. Umm clear cache. Home. Menu. Settings. Application. Mange Applications. Click the app clear cache.

6. v941726

yeah. i can clear them. i'm wondering why they even start in the 1st place and if there is a way to prevent them from starting constantly. especially since i dont run them.

7. Flyphoenix

Flyphoenix Well-Known Member

I know right excatly