Built-in stock browser...

1. jiggy79

jiggy79 Well-Known Member

Is anyone having problems with their stock browser that was already on the phone after yesterday's htc update? For some reason I can't browse the web with it.

Advertisement
  2. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

No problems detected yet after 24 hours of use.
  3. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

switch to Dolphin HD. you'll love yourself for it
  4. snowscum

snowscum Active Member

Dolphin takes to long to open.....
  5. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

hm. takes about 3 sec on mine..
  6. tech1greek

tech1greek Active Member

Stock takes 1 sec, and scores a 93 on Acid 3 Test.

I used Dolphin HD for a while and switched back to the Stock, sure it doesn't have tabbed browsing, and not as customizable, but it scales sites well, is very minimalistic, and most importantly blazing fast.

Just my preference.
  7. Minjin

Minjin Well-Known Member

I like Dolphin HD quite a bit. Seems to have more features than the stock browser and the newest addition of ad block is a good thing that is sure to get better.

Speaking of stock, how do you access the stock browser if a different one is set to default?

edit: Nevermind. I was wondering because the Internet icon kept opening up my Dolphin browser. I see now that it is opening up the stock browser and THEN opening up the Dolphin browser. It was stuck on some kind of link.
  8. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Matter of opinion and doesn't help the OP.
  9. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

I use the stock browser and after the update, the only thing I've noticed is that while connected to my home N Wifi router, it takes about 7-8 seconds to render the Google home page or anything within that page. Loading this site and any other site is pretty damn fast. It didn't do that before the update. Kind of strange.

Funny thing is, is that when I use the mobile network 3G or 4G...it loads the Google home page like normal. Really, really strange.
  10. jsnole

jsnole Member

Why does it not open your previous page where you left off at? It always opens up at a different part of the page when hitting the back button. (stock browser by the way)
  11. Minjin

Minjin Well-Known Member

It might be trying to figure out your location. 3g/4g may be easier than your geolocating your home router.
  12. nRRe

nRRe Well-Known Member

stock browser has tabs...

hold down on link "Open in New Window" than hit Menu > Windows to goto different ones.

I to tried Dolphin HD and Skyfire. Skyfire was cool because it offered decent flash support, however, i wasn't impressed with either and i continue to use the stock browser.

Goto your settings > wireless & networks -- and make sure Mobile Network is check marked...mine was unchecked somehow and checking it made everything work.