• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bulk Mode. requesting help

hydroman202

Feb 14, 2015
Hi, I am interested in fixing this phone. All I get right now is bulk mode under device manager. I think I know how to fix it, if someone wants to help. Using adb, I need someone to backup all partitions, and then upload them in a zip file. That should fix it. Please, it would mean a lot. Thanks! (The reason I can't is because my partitions are corrupted).

Reactions: arkanhell
Upvote 0
The .kdz files for e2nam (MS395) and e2nac (D393) only contain the following partitions:
modem, sbl1, rpm, tz, sdi, aboot, rpmb, tzb, abootb, persist, laf, boot, recovery, factory, sbl1b, system.
The one for e2nav (VS810) contains all of the above partitions (plus rct).
So most likely, those are the only partitions you need.

sbl1b, rpmb, tzb, and abootb are probably just backups of sbl1, rpm, tz, and aboot.
Inside an official OTA update.zip, you can find boot.img, recovery.img, and radio.img.
Inside radio.img, you should be able to find modem (NON-HLOS.bin), rpm, tz, sdi, aboot (emmc_appsboot), laf, and factory.
So that leaves sbl1, persist, and system.

persist is an ext4 volume. The one for e2nam only contains one /sensors folder and a 2-byte /sensors/sensors_settings file. Probably not critical.

system can probably be reconstructed from stock rom files, but if you get laf working, you can install TWRP. With TWRP, you can fix the system partition and install a rom.

So the only critical image left you need for booting is sbl1. The copy on your device is probably still intact. And the sbl1b image might be usable.

Hopefully you're able to recover your phone. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones