• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bummed have to send Dinc back

Jamak2

Lurker
Jul 13, 2010
First, I waited a month for this phone and had high hopes. I was amazed when started using it, this is my first smartphone. I believe I recieved it around the 15th.

Last night we were at some friends and I was showing it off and all of its neat apps. I tried to show them the barcode scanner and the camera was wacky, then tried google goggles, this lead me to realize the camera nor the video camera worked. The screen was fuzzy like a tv that just had the cable go out. the fuzz was a pinkish color with lines jumping all over the screen. Best way I know how to describe it.

Got home and called verizon. Explained what happend as above. Took forever to walk thru these steps, he did a total reset to my phone. It was a pain. Then if looked as if it were working again..few seconds later same malfunction. Said he couldn't help me and offered me to send me a new one on Aug 4th, when I'm on VACATION!! I explained nicely that I absolutely need a fully functioning phone BY vacation. This is why I ordered the phone back in June...I wanted by vacation. Then he proceeded to offer me a Refurbished Dinc. Said he could get that to me quicker. I said is it discounted or something. He said NO. I said well I paid for a Brand new phone. And its still brand new. I want a new replacement. He said well the problem is HTC is behind and it hasn't been made yet.

So after a long 2 hours, they offered a Droid x that could be here by Wed. Droid x isn't what I'm after just wanted a replacement Dinc by vacation. Not gonna happen. Plus they are shipping the X in 2 boxes?? The battery & door in one box and the rest of the phone in another. Does that sound like a 'new' phone to you? I don't know what to do and I hadn't even wanted an X.

99 percent sure it will be new...most refurbed come like that without a door or battery but how long has the X been out? 1-2 weeks? You really think you are getting a refurb? Even if it was it is most likely identical in condition to something brand new so don't worry about it...sucks you're getting an X though...I like my new Incredible much more than the X...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones