• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bump: Bump, Useful tool

BiGMERF

Extreme Android User
Dec 2, 2009
Florida
www.google.com
Ever find yourself in a club, park, store etc and meet someone? Whether it be that beautiful women or someone you can hang and talk gadgets with. Then you go to exchange numbers only to find out you do not have a pen and paper ! Or simply hate having to go through the many buttons to open contacts, put the name , number contact photo, address blah blah. Or how bout you see a fellow android user using a cool app and you want it but want to skip through opening the market, searching, typing blah blah. Bump answered this for me. The simplicity of it is awesome. Remember only if the person you are exchanging with is a fellow android/iphone ( rumor has it soon for BB) user can you use it. Look at my list of pros and cons

Pros
1. Share your personal contact with someone with one bump. Your email, phone,photo and address or select what you want to share. Just phone? set it that way.
2. Share photos from your gallery
3. Share any contact from your contacts
4. Share your apps
5. Soon you will be able to bump payments to someone just by using the app (already available on the iphone. grr)

Cons
1. Sometimes requires several tries to successfully bump (raising the bump sensitivity usually fixes that)
2. sometimes wont connect to the bump server if in a poor area

Hope you enjoyed and give it a try. It has worked for me many times in situations. Even individuals who don't have it are extremely happy that I make them aware of it when I say "Lets bump". lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCJ5dyNDfkE&feature=player_embedded

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones