• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bumper Case and Screen Protectors

Nessariel

Lurker
Aug 16, 2011
First off, hurrah for finally being able to order both a Nexus 4 and the google bumper! WOO!!

I'm going to be using front and back screen protectors, and was thinking of going with xoskins. Problem is, I have no idea what the difference between "case fit" and regular is, in terms of compatibility with the bumper. Does anyone know if I need the case fit, or is the regular one okay with the bumper? I know that if I was using a full-body case I'd go for the case fit, but have no experience with bumpers, having never owned a phone with a back pretty enough to not cover up.

Thanks in advance!

... I'm going to be using front and back screen protectors, and was thinking of going with xoskins. Problem is, I have no idea what the difference between "case fit" and regular is, in terms of compatibility with the bumper. ...

I have both the Google bumper case and the XOskins "full case fit", and am very pleased with the combination, although initially surprised by the skins' "full case fit" before purchasing the bumper.

Use some good quality lens cleaner on the phone faces before the wet-apply, wash your hands thoroughly to remove all oils, and especially apply the skin-wetter to your fingertips before removing the skins from their backings. Take your time, position the skins as precisely as possible with the various openings and take care to progressively squeegee so as to maintain skin position, and the bumper case will protectively cover the edges nicely.

The "regular" is, I believe, just the front skin. I've dropped my phone several times on various surfaces including concrete and asphalt and credit the bumper and XOskins with keeping the phone in pristine condition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones