• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] bums :-(

I had made a flash of Google edition, but when I had the issue I had reflashed my backup of mf5! Maybe it was a leftover issue of some how :-s either way, I shall be flashing again in no time ;-)

The reason that I mention it is that I had a few problems returning from my original SE flash to MF8 nandroid backup and ended up by going.... Factory reset > stock MF8 > root > recovery > restore DJeMBeY MF8 nandroid.

You can interchange those flashes? Am I getting this right?
If so does this makes the S4 GE even more ridiculous than it was before...

No... I'm afraid they are not interchangeable but rather, two different entities that have to be treated as such.

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0
Ah see I didn't do the going back to stock part so maybe there was a deep seated problem there and it's been solved by coming back to stock, either way, think I'll go and flash djembys prerooted, mf5 is already downloaded so I'll just flash over the top of my stock mdm and take it from there....really can't wait for sale to get over and give us a neat lite, I'm really missing the text to mms and various other wee mods :)

Upvote 0
Still GE is ridiculous....

Maybe not for those who are looking for as pure a Android Nexus experience as you can get on the S4. It also means that you can run Android 4.3 now instead of waiting for the official Samsung release, a la bloatware, in 6, or so, months time. There are a lot of users out there that flash ROM's like CyanogenMod just to get the same thing. Each to his own!

Upvote 0
They could have done it by simply releasing a ROM. But no... Selling hardware is much more profitable...

I'm curious about the S5 release. Pretty sure there will be a S5 Google Edition, S5 Active Google Edition, S5 Mega Google Edition, and so on... -.-

Don't know if Google will buy into the other handsets next year or just release their own, also releasing a Rom wouldn't work out for anyone as Samsung don't really allow rooting so releasing a Rom would be seen as condoning it!

The active and zoom etc won't get the Google edition Rom due to the different hardware etc!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones