buncha com. apps in manage apps?General

Last Updated:

1. lilkrnriceburner

lilkrnriceburner New Member This Topic's Starter

Im a noob on this forum, so i apologize if this has already been posted by someone else. I was wondering why there is so many "apps" that start with "com." I have been trying to look on google to see if there is any way to delete these apps because every time i click manage apps... theres a HUGE list of these apps and I wanna delete a lot of these. I have looked at my friends motorola droid and when i go to his "manage apps" theres only ones that he's installed... and i want to get to that same point. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. JohnnyThumbz

JohnnyThumbz Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums! its been recommended that you do not delete any of the stock apps until the phone can be rooted. When you're in manage applications, tap the menu and tap filter, then select third party, and It'll only show what you've installed.

3. lilkrnriceburner

lilkrnriceburner New Member This Topic's Starter

uuh what does rooted mean?

4. jaboda79

jaboda79 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the boards. There is a wealth of info on the first page (the Sticky's), really worth checking out.

For a short answer:
    Rooting is complete and total access to the phone. Often times called 'Jailbreaking'. It cannot be done yet, but there is a team that is working day and night to crack the code. Once this is done, you can uninstall whatever you do not want/need, and install new things like custom UI's(User Interfaces, like alternatives to Sense that is on your phone now). At this point, you cannot uninstall the factory apps, like Visual Voicemail or Amazon. The phone won't let you. Hope this helps.

*edit* The sticky's for 'Optimizing Battery Life' and 'Tip's and Trick's' really help. And pretty much anything posted by Caddyman and OfTheDamned (to name a couple), is golden IMHO. But there is plenty of good info.