Business AccountGeneral

Last Updated:

1. DisneyDeeva

DisneyDeeva Member This Topic's Starter

Newbie here with a question...

Does anyone know how upgrading to the Incredible will work for a business account?

I work for a company who provides cell phones to the sales and support staffs through Verizon - about 120 lines total. I got a Palm Centro in September 2008 and my boss has told me I can have any phone I want. But, anything over $200 will have to come out of my pocket.

Our administrator told me that I don't have to wait until September to get the Incredible because we always have phones eligible for an upgrade somewhere.

Is this correct? Will the Incredible run $199 for me?

Advertisement
  2. procrastination

procrastination Member

Yeah - My company does this all the time. You can "steal" upgrades from other phones on your account that are eligible for an upgrade. I just got a new BB Curve back in December but now I am getting a new Droid Incredible the day they come out because there is another line that is eligible for an upgrade.

Happens all the time. (Oh don't worry about your phone # either. It will remain the same)

3. Teibidh

Teibidh Well-Known Member

The Incredible will be priced at $199.99 after $100 mail in rebate. You may have to cough up a hundred bucks out of pocket and wait for the rebate, but large business accounts usually get instant rebates instead of mail-ins. Your company probably has a direct business rep they can work with who will be able to give you specific pricing.

4. dvdivx

dvdivx Well-Known Member

Why would you pay on a business account? If you quit/laidoff/fired you don't keep the phone. Unless it's your business I don't see the point. I just plan on using the employee discount which is less but at least the phone is mine.

5. DisneyDeeva

DisneyDeeva Member This Topic's Starter

Company policy is that you can choose your phone - up to $100. If you want a phone over that amount, you have to pay the extra out of your policy. Dumb rule...but I didn't make it.

My boss has doubled my allowance (in addition to a number of other perks that no one else gets). So I really can't complain.

6. procrastination

procrastination Member

My company lets us keep our phones. If I buy an incredible for $200 bucks and then leave I keep the phone. (Just have to put it on my own plan)