• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Busted Software, any hope to recover Data?

RedDiamond

Lurker
Aug 26, 2010
Is there a way to get data off a phone that will not boot up?

My phone is having the Constant Reboot issue. It reboots over and over and hangs on the eyeball screen, never getting to the home screen. (I plan to do a Factory Reset.)

I hadn't done a back up recently, and had been saving photos on the phone memory rather than the SD card (lesson learned.)

Is there any way to recover any of the data before doing a Factory Reset?

I am aware of the "Volume Down, Power button" start up to do the reset - is there anything there that will allow it to be connected to the computer to copy files off?

... By the way, I have started the phone using Volume Down / Power start up and selected "Recovery" and I get the icon of a phone with a red triangle with an "!" inside it, but my computer does not recognize the phone when it is plugged in via USB.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones