Busy Signal

1. gr42ai

gr42ai New Member

I have been getting a busy signal when making out going calls. It doesn't happen to all numbers all of the time but it is happening more often. It will happen when I call my other phone sitting right next to me or a company with hundreds of incoming numbers. I have even tried using a different phone while without hanging up and it will ring normally until it is picked up.

EVO 4G LTE

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Welcome to the forums!!

I would take your device to sprint and have them do a check on the radio. If your radio checks out OK, you know the problem is the network.

Also, have you tried doing a PRL and profile update from within the settings menu?
  3. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

is it a normal busy or a fast busy? Are you using an Airvana? Need more details please.
  4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

This is more network related than a specific handset. Lets move this here so other Sprint users can chime in. Could be a local network issue. Sprint are building out their network so you may be experiencing those types of temporary issues.

To add to what others have said, call up sprint *2 and give them your zip code. They can let you know if there are any issues in your area.
    DonB likes this.
  5. gr42ai

gr42ai New Member

Called sprint, "No Issues with my area" I live in Reno and it also did it in Vegas when I was there a couple of weeks ago. I have tried updating the PRL, the phone is rooted with MeanROM_ICS_4.9
    marctronixx likes this.
  6. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Well if it is not happening 100% of the time, its more than likely something in your area.

'course since you are rooted, that may be a factor as well, but if you have been rooted and running the same rom since before this happened, that could rule OUT the rooting as well. :eek:

also try updating profile as well. perhaps contact the dev of the ROM and see if they have had any complaints about this....
  7. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

It's been happening to me in Seattle lately. A majority of my calls are to my wife and we're on the same plan. It's happened probably a dozen times in the last month. When it rings busy I'll call a couple times with the same result. I'll send her a text and she calls right back, but she hasn't been using her phone.
    marctronixx likes this.
  8. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Could just be temporary network congestion during the build out.
    marctronixx likes this.

9. Maybe the person you are calling does not have call waiting. thus the busy signal happens almost every time I call my grandmother. she does not have call waiting.