• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Busybox How-to?

Davelosm

Apr 7, 2010
Hi everybody.

I've been looking to install busybox on UK Milestone 2.1, and have found only a few pages of instructions, but all of these seem to come up with errors, I dunno if its the new firmware or just something I'm doing wrong with ADB.

I'm fairly new at this but i know my way around flashing and had a shot at ADB so i'm not entirely a newbie..

Anyone know of any (working) how-to's for busybox?

Thanks in advance for the help
Dave

Thank you, I'll give this a shot and let you know.
I tried the backup way via nandroid but I came across some EOCD error that way that I can't find the answer to.

I suspect your method will work with root explorer since when i tried this earlier i was getting permission errors, but that should be fixed by mounting in RE, if im thinking right.

Anyway, ill let you know

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi..
Sorry to barge into this thread. But my problem concerns the same..
I'm trying to install busybox..
I have managed to create /system/xbin and have copied the file busybox to /system/xbin.
On executing the command
busybox --install /system/xbin

I get this error:
busybox: /system/xbin/reboot: Operation not permitted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones