• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

... but I AM shy

Tough call for me . . . overcome the shyness or be classified as a lurker. I'll go with overcoming my shyness -- a little anyway.

I'm a new Android user -- Motorola Droid. I've owned it for 10 hours and I can't keep my hands off it. I immediately started looking for a way to modify the home screen and stumbled across Sweeter Home. I am not a programer, however, so am a little trepidatious about using SH. I've looked at some of the themes and am wild about SimpleModified, but it's not on the theme list. I understand that there are only 20 thems listed at a time, so do I just wait patiently until that one rises to the top? Will it? Can I try to design my own by looking at the screen shots of SM? All quesitons to ponder.

I will work my way through the documentation and see what I can do. Afterall, that's why people go to all the work of writing it, yes?

Well, for a shy person, I have become verbose.

I'm looking forward to learning!

Warmly,
LeftyLou

p.s. For what it's worth, I am neither left-handed, nor is Lou part of my name.

Tough call for me . . . overcome the shyness or be classified as a lurker. I'll go with overcoming my shyness -- a little anyway.

I'm a new Android user -- Motorola Droid. I've owned it for 10 hours and I can't keep my hands off it. I immediately started looking for a way to modify the home screen and stumbled across Sweeter Home. I am not a programer, however, so am a little trepidatious about using SH. I've looked at some of the themes and am wild about SimpleModified, but it's not on the theme list. I understand that there are only 20 thems listed at a time, so do I just wait patiently until that one rises to the top? Will it? Can I try to design my own by looking at the screen shots of SM? All quesitons to ponder.

I will work my way through the documentation and see what I can do. Afterall, that's why people go to all the work of writing it, yes?

Well, for a shy person, I have become verbose.

I'm looking forward to learning!

Warmly,
LeftyLou

p.s. For what it's worth, I am neither left-handed, nor is Lou part of my name.
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones