• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Buttery_b14_Z970_v3.0

Relyt2012

Android Enthusiast
Aug 19, 2014
United States
~Welcome to Buttery B14~
This is a fully deodexed rom, With support for many tweaks.
I have been using Xposed with Gravitybox and so many tweaks for a while now. No issues occurred so I can say it works!
Please enjoy and keep your comments clean. If i made a mistake please let me know as you would want me to treat you. Thanks

1UxMJvh.jpg

• ~Features~
  • Fully Deodexed!
  • Full xposed support_link below
  • 384mhz under clocking on sleep
  • Trebuchet from cm11
  • Updated google clock
  • Adaway
  • Band 12 support
  • Debloated
  • Apollo music player
  • Es file manager
  • 5.0 sounds instead of zte 4.4.4
  • Fotakill to kill pesky ota updates!
  • Build prop tweaks
  • ~ETC~
Xposed-Framework-for-Android-Guide.jpg

~This rom has Xposed support now~
Find the link in the Downloads section!

Note this rom doesn't have super su built in, I tried to fix this. Everytime i did though, the rom wouldn't flash. So just flash super su as previously!
This rom is my first Zte zmax rom and yes i have to give a shoutout to @hroark13 for the stock firmware!

~Anyway i take no responsibility for any bricks, damaged sdcards, or lives~

• ~Flashing instructions~
  • Make a Nandroid backup(Backup your current rom)
  • wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, and System)
  • Reboot recovery from the advanced menu in twrp and do not click install super su just reboot without installing
  • flash rom then boot
  • once finished setup flash super su from recovery
  • Enjoy!

rb9ZfDJ.png

ouniF7s.png

Last edited:
Here is a little project i have been working on, I took the stock rom b14 update that is and i made a custom rom. Remember this rom is only for zte zmax (z970)
This rom has a few special features, For one it has a hybrid system. That is partially odexed and partially deodexed.

This rom is my first Zte zmax rom and yes i have to give a shoutout to @hroark13 for the stock firmware!

~Anyway i take no responsibility for any bricks, damaged sdcards, or lives~

• Rom-->~Check back soon~
  • Super SU-->
So , you're saying you tried to deodex and couldn't deodex the whole system and now you're calling it a hybrid with a special feature. Do you even know the difference between the two?

Upvote 0
So , you're saying you tried to deodex and couldn't deodex the whole system and now you're calling it a hybrid with a special feature. Do you even know the difference between the two?
Yes i know the difference between the two, and no i didnt try to deodex the system. I left most of the apps odexed im calling it hybrid because some are odexed some are deodexd i never claimed it was completely deodexed either

Upvote 0
Yes i know the difference between the two, and no i didnt try to deodex the system. I left most of the apps odexed im calling it hybrid because some are odexed some are deodexd i never claimed it was completely deodexed either
What's so special about this rom? Looks like you added some apps and now you're calling yourself a developer. What's up with that man? Is there any special features? At least most zipper wannabe developer theme the rom.

Upvote 0
I will just say this for one i will not force this rom upon anyone, that includes you dfuse. I am simply making something that is quick, stable, and has b12. I am a new developer, So what is special in this rom is that i made it personal something i can enjoy aswell, It will be buttery smooth. And if you don't enjoy it that is your decision alright, and everyone gave up on this phone anyway so who really cares you know

Upvote 0
1st off , I would never build cm. 2nd my son uses my zmax now and he needs everything working all the time. 3rd I have a way better phone now , but if you built cm14 I would be super impressed.
So what does your son use for a rom?
And i can't figure that confounded screen going black during calls out for your broken os rom

Upvote 0
That man is a beast made a personal n build for the zmax things I would do to get my hand on that build
he's a great developer. the BrokenOS guys dont f@%$ around about their builds, though. i would ask him nicely if i thought there was a chance of getting it. i think he just got fed up with a junky phone and users that refused to do anything for themselves. if you go to google+ for broken it is still clogged up with draconis users asking dumassy questions and ruining it for the rest of us. the zmax users have become a big joke on their forums because of it. my zmax has become a media control device for my living room because there is no more development. alas, i've switched over to my moto g3 because of it. i'm a flashoholic. undying love for trying new things. i don't even know why i still help support ppl on the zmax

Upvote 0
he's a great developer. the BrokenOS guys dont f@%$ around about their builds, though. i would ask him nicely if i thought there was a chance of getting it. i think he just got fed up with a junky phone and users that refused to do anything for themselves. if you go to google+ for broken it is still clogged up with draconis users asking dumassy questions and ruining it for the rest of us. the zmax users have become a big joke on their forums because of it. my zmax has become a media control device for my living room because there is no more development. alas, i've switched over to my moto g3 because of it. i'm a flashoholic. undying love for trying new things. i don't even know why i still help support ppl on the zmax
I know I was one of his tester for broken

Upvote 0
Hey @dfuse06 Could you please give us (The ones who don't ask stupid idiotic questions), Another chance?
We love our phones, the one's who appreciate this device and objects they own ;)
Even if it is privately given out to people, Could we just get a small taste of broken nougat for Draconis?
Damn that winky face just sells it, you're a master of persuasion.

Reactions: yeboah74
Upvote 0
Hey @dfuse06 Could you please give us (The ones who don't ask stupid idiotic questions), Another chance?
We love our phones, the one's who appreciate this device and objects they own ;)
Even if it is privately given out to people, Could we just get a small taste of broken nougat for Draconis?
it would help to have an actual developer here that could maintain brokenOS for our devices. dfuse doesn't want to maintain it and doesn't want to deal with any of the questions that will certainly ensue

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones