Button mapping for Nesoid and Snesoid.General

Last Updated:

1. MrGreen13

MrGreen13 Active Member This Topic's Starter

What do you think is the best way to map the buttons for these two emulators (NESOID AND SNESOID). I'm having trouble finding a solution. Your help as always is appreciated...and yes I searched, but could only find info on the actual droid which has an actual keyboard not just a virtual one.

Advertisement
  2. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

I know at least SNESoid has virtual keys now. But I use send as a trackball button as b back as y and search as x then i use the virtual dpad or you could use the trackball.

You're not going to be able to play a lot of games but this setup works fine for games like final fantasy III

3. CarnageZ28

CarnageZ28 Member

Like he said, use Search and Back and assign them to your two most used buttons. On screen buttons suck. I find the trackball to be a little over sensitive but it works.

FFIII on my phone makes me happy.

4. MrGreen13

what other buttons are needed for final fantasy III? So if I set A as the back button and B as the search button and use the trackball....I should be all set?

5. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

No...you need the x or y button for menus.

Go with the layout I said. It makes since. The green call button will be for confirming actions. Click the trackball to go back. Hit the search button for X or Y...whichever pulls up the menus.

6. MrGreen13

I will try and see if it works for me...thanks!

7. MrGreen13

Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but can you go into detail about what buttons are assigned to what? I can't get passed the damn title screen!

8. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

As long as all the buttons are assigned it doesn't matter where you assign them. This sounds more of a problem with pressing the correct button. I'm not sure which one you have to press.

9. MrGreen13

I found the problem...I downloaded this emulator a while ago and never updated it. So I didn't have the onscreen buttons...hence the problem! I can be such a moron! Thanks for all your help!:D

10. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

lol Yeah that could be a problem. If you plan on playing it quite a bit, I would buy the full version. I don't think the lite version can even save.

11. CarnageZ28

CarnageZ28 Member

12. MrGreen13

Thanks for all the help!

13. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Did this app ever get updated for multi-touch? I recall someone saying that if you use the on-screen buttons on one of these emulators, you can press two at the same time (i.e. running and jumping forward), making many games just unplayable. Just wondering if this has been fixed, though I don't recall exactly which emulator this comment was about...