• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buttonless Screen Lock App

Frisco

=Luceat Lux Vestra=
Jan 19, 2010
androidforums.com
Iwashi Soft has come up with a "screen off" app that solves a couple of annoyances several other apps by the same name cause in the Fascinate: causing the four soft key lights to remain on and active, meaning that the user cannot put the device in their pocket or case right away without risking turning the screen back on accidentally - causing a logo to appear on the screen for several seconds which itself is active along with the soft key lights, etc.

This app does leave the soft key lights on, but they extinguish the instant the screen is touched by anything, rendering the device locked as it should be and immediately ready to be put in pocket or where ever.

I keep a custom Screen Off icon on my screen, but it can be docked like any other app, of course.

There is a trial version and a paid version.

I use it in a simplified manner (like the rest of my home screen ;)):

2djxlwk.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones