"Buttons" at bottom of phone not working?Support

Last Updated:

1. tdse

tdse Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, this is odd. Started this morning. The buttons at the bottom of the phone (not the hard-press buttons, but the lower row of touch-screen buttons -- dialer, open app list, and contacts), are non-responsive.

Everything else seems to be working okay. Tried powering off/up, also tried battery pull, still the same.

I'm close to opting for "restore factory settings", but I've spent some time customizing, and that's really a last resort.

Any ideas?
    TIA!

Advertisement
  2. tdse

Okay, now I'm frustrated. Re-setting to factory defaults was NOT the thing to do, because the first thing the phone does is bring you through the Android setup guide, which requires you to press "continue" at the bottom of the screen. Unfortunately, "continue" is in the non-responsive area.
    Just got back from bringing it in to the Verizon store. Guy had no clue what was wrong - was nice enough; said he'd order me a new one. Unfortunately, they are not shipping until 7/27.
    Urgh....gotta call and reactivate the BB Curve temporarily. :-(

3. Birdman2004

Birdman2004 Well-Known Member

wow that sucks. sorry man :(

4. Motorola

Motorola Active Member

I'm not sure what to tell you, I've never heard of this issue before. Did you try powering it down and stuff?

5. tdse

Motorola - thanks, and yes, powered down, re-booted, pulled the battery (a few times). ;-) The VZW store pulled the battery too.
    The funny thing is, before I tried the *re-set to factory defaults* route, if I turned the phone to put it landscape mode, the bottom touch screen buttons would work. But not in "portrait" mode. Unfortunately, the screen it is stuck on now ("Learn How to Use Your DX") - with "Skip" & "Continue" at the bottom - will not go into landscape mode when the phone is tipped. And those two touch buttons are "dead"....so it seems there is nothing I can do. Frustrating.

6. Birdman2004

Birdman2004 Well-Known Member

yeah, sounds like all you can do is wait on another phone.