Buttons randomly press?Support

Last Updated:

1. ragepowder

ragepowder Member

Is anyone else having issues with the phone buttons being randomly pressed? When I check my phone sometimes or use apps, the buttons will randomly press and the phone will vibrate rapidly (multiple key presses most likely). This is evident because the apps option menu will open up and even at the home screen.

Any advice? I've had the phone for just 2 days so far.

2. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

there is a thread on phantom key issue already, go check it out. other have experienced it and I believe there is a work around for it.

if you just got it you could make sure it is not rooted and stock OS with the counter reset then just send it back.
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I see Codegerm has clued you in on the issue.

But I don't think I'd want to keep a device that exhibited that sort of behavior brand new. I'd head right back to the store for an exchange or refund.

If you got it from a source other than a retail outlet, well, it would be time for serious troubleshooting, beginning with a factory data reset.
  4. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

yeah definitely take it back if it is not rooted. I never had this issue thankfully as some have been very annoyed by it
  5. AprilThe20th

AprilThe20th Well-Known Member

I read that the problem is the fact that the radio that searches for 3G is next to the activator for the hardware Keys. I have seen vids on how to fix, but best to go with sending it in for a fix, which has already been stated.
  6. ragepowder

ragepowder Member

I bought it online and had it shipped to me. I'll just call boost.

EDIT* Called boost, they said bring it into a boost store and they'll take care of it. Not sure if that's a repair or replacement

FLAWLESSVW Well-Known Member

Make 100% sure they don't swap it out for a refurbished. I would hope that wouldn't be the case but just make sure you get a brand new phone.

And I would NOT accept any kind of "repair" either on a brand new
  8. systemofadown

systemofadown Well-Known Member

Send it back, as said except No junk just a new replacement & make sure it does not suffer from the same issue before you set it up for yourself just to find it has to be returned again..
  9. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Well-Known Member

There is a lot of information here regarding the problem with the Galaxy S2 'Epic 4G' with Sprint.

The hardware fix for the SPH-D710 involves replacing the entire touchscreen assembly.

There is a different fix for the Samsung Fascinate that someone discovered involving a set of capacitors, but that is not a mod easily done.