Buuf theme for cyanogenmod

Last Updated:

1. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. slick_old

slick_old Well-Known Member

I've always thought the the Buuf Icon Pack's illustrations were very cool but this might be overkill for some in terms of cartooniness (totally not a word).

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Definitely not for everyone (not for me), but very creative...he's gone beyond the "Hey - I have a blue theme!" level, which is nice to see. :)

4. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty cool looking. I have it downloaded and want to give it a shot. Not sure if I would keep it full-time though as it's a bit too childish for me.

I really wish CM was fully MM-compatible (I'm pretty sure it's not) because having these themes all released as ROM packages is a PITA. Especially when it is highly recommended that you do a full wipe (including data/cache) in order to get the theme to apply completely. This takes a lot more time than just running your ROM through MM and having it patch stuff up.

This is one of the reasons I am procrastinating giving this theme a try. I've got my phone set up just the way I like it and I doubt I'd keep buuf on there long enough to justify data/cache wipe, etc.

5. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Very neat look. It gives you a very diff option compared to what we're used to. I'm sure there's a lot of people who would love this look but will never get it b/c they're too afraid (and somewhat justifiably so) to root. It's not exactly for me, but I'm glad to see things moving in this direction.

6. gimmeanathlon

gimmeanathlon Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Earthworm Jim.
    :)

7. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

8. bgish3

bgish3 Well-Known Member

Ok so I just downloaded cyanogen and this theme bundled from Rom manager and all of my apps I try to download are stuck at starting download and I can't figure out the problem can anyone help

9. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

Are you trying to download them from the market or a Titanium backup? It could be a market issue, I've noticed it a few times downloading apps from the market myself...

10. bgish3

bgish3 Well-Known Member

Market but the thing is if I switch back to another Rom they work everything downloads and also I can't open Google talk as I heard that was a solution

11. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

I've been using elements of Buuf for at least 3 months now. I love the artwork.

12. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

Installed this theme with. 7 update and so far no hiccups. Pretty awesome theme

13. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Did you try Fix Permissions in ROM Manager?

14. bgish3

bgish3 Well-Known Member

I'll try that now forgot about it thanks

That didn't work

15. jevfr

jevfr Active Member

I've tried dl'in this a couple of times, but only a couple of icons got themed. I'm not sure why.....

16. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Well-Known Member

If you're trying to use the theme only file and applying it over stock CM, then that's probably why. I don't know why it is this way, but I was having the same problem, even after a complete data/cache wipe. I would recommend downloading the full ROM version of buuf as it works great.

If it isn't already obvious, I am currently using Buuf on 5.0.5.7. It looks fantastic, but IMO was not as complete as I would have liked it to be right out of the box through this port, so I took my (limited) skills and made some modifications. A good portion of them are not visible in my screenshots, as a lot of the changes were theming menu icons and whatnot within apps, but here you can see just some of the things I've modified. Click for larger pics:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Customized HelixLauncher1 (changed app handles, trash handles, background color, themed the search bar), Beautiful Widgets, Pure Calendar Agenda, Power Control Widget, and Genie Widget (all themed by me in order to create a more unified look). All changes were made through metamorph (except Beautiful Widgets, of course), as that is the extent of my knowledge in modding anything within the Android platform.