1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Buy a Galaxy SII on Amazon or wait for Sprint LTE phones

1. Milwmike

Milwmike New Member

I have an early upgrade available for Sprint and I was considering buying a GSII on Amazon for $150 w/ 2yr contract (I am part of a family plan)
    My current phone is a HTC Hero & I can't wait to be rid of that turd.
    My contract is due to expire in mid-July of this year. Not sure what happens if I do nothing, will my phone be shut off w/ no contract? My wife's end of contract is a year later, she got an Epic from Amazon a few months back.
    I live in the Milwaukee area & currently there is no 4g & I imagine that it will take Sprint at least 2 years before they roll out LTE in my area. Any thoughts or suggestions? Wait out my contract/ for GSIII?

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums!

I've transferred your question here to the Sprint forum, I think you'll get more up-to-date info here, and may find the other threads in this area very interesting. :)
    Milwmike likes this.
  3. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

Hi Milwmike! I've heard that Sprint will be launching LTE to areas without WiMax (except the BIG cities. I.E Atlanta). LTE phones are supposed to only work on 3G and LTE so if you only have 3G in your area, I would wait until summer to get my hands on an LTE phone. I believe the first LTE phone coming out is the Galaxy Nexus which is supposed to be released April 15. Who knows? Maybe LTE will come to your area soon!

But if you really want the SGS2 and dump your Hero, I'd go for it. The SGS2 is a great phone and I'm sure you'll be happy with it for the next couple years.

If you want updates on the deployment of LTE, check this out.

I hope I was able to help you in any way, shape ,or form ;)
  4. Method760

Method760 Well-Known Member

Amazon right now is offering the SGII for 1cent! IF your adding a line or a new customer.
  5. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member

I got an SG II about a month ago and was not a happy camper when I learnt about Sprint coming up with a 4G upgrade... If you want to save money, like Method is talking about, then get a SG II...
  6. dodgeis4me

dodgeis4me Active Member

I would wait for the sgs3