Buy a SGS2 or wait?General

1. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

So my contract finished in September and I want to know if I should buy a SGS2 right now or if I should wait it out and see if T-Mobile gets another decent phone in the next couple months?

Also I'm wondering if I should move to Sprint because I'm a heavy data user.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ahautographs

ahautographs Member

I got rid of my iphone 4 and friggin LOVE this Galaxy S 2 from Tmobile. Just thought I would throw in the two cents :)
  3. LunchBB

LunchBB Well-Known Member

I love my S2 too! You can also check out the Tmo Samsung Exhibit. It's 3.7" screen but only $189 without contract. You can go month to month. TMo month to month plan is very affordable.
  4. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Well-Known Member

I have both the iphone 4 and the galaxy s2. I am using my galaxy way moer than my iphone. I love both, but the galaxy wins out..
  5. moondrius

moondrius Well-Known Member

I just switched over from Verizon with a Galaxy Nexus to T-mobile and got the Galaxy S II and I am very happy with it. The only thing I would take over it would be a Galaxy Nexus or a Galaxy S III which I don't think we will see for a little while.
  6. dabears1981

dabears1981 Member

i Have the SG2 and the GF uses the HTC Sensation. Both are sweet phones!!!
  7. Xerses

Xerses Well-Known Member

Have you considered the Galaxy Nexus? ICS 4.0, similar specs and sweet looking. I love my S II X from Telus, just in case you wonder what I use. It is an excellent phone and will receive an ICS update in 2012.
  8. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

Thanks for your input guys. I currently have an iPhone 3G that's on it's last straw (home button, power button, volume control buttons are messed up and it crashes every few hours). I was considering the Galaxy Nexus for quite a while since a pure google phone sounds very nice, but seeing how long it took to come out for Verizon, I think there will be better phones out by the time it gets to T-Mobile (if it ever comes). Not to mention how expensive Verizon is compared to T-Mobile.

I might wait until CES to see if anything worthwhile is mentioned, if not, I'm going to order a white SGS2.
  9. AngelArs

AngelArs Well-Known Member

It's a top notch beautiful phone, no doubt about that, BUT I would wait until they remove the Carrier IQ software from it.
  10. jrocivxx

jrocivxx Well-Known Member

I just got mine a few days ago and it is a beast of a phone. I love it. Smooth. No lag. Beautiful screen. This phone is just bad ass.
  11. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

There will always be a better, faster, more versatile phone available if you're willing to wait. I mean right on the Android Forums Home there are rumors of a Samsung Galaxy S III coming out next year. Will t-mobile get if first? That's the rub. The 1st Android phone the G1 came to t-mobile in October 2008. The Galaxy S came to t-mobile as the Samsung Vibrant in July 2010. The Samsung Galaxy S II came to t-mobile in October 2011. Following that timeline I would guess that a new version of this great phone won't hit t-mobile until at least 2013.

That aside if you want a great phone experience right now go ahead and get a t-mobile Galaxy S2 as soon as possible.
  12. AngelArs

AngelArs Well-Known Member

Just make sure it's model number T989.

The other Galaxy SII's will not work.