Buy and Rent movies with BlockBuster?General

1. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Well-Known Member

The videos found had a picturee of this.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

The Evo update last December came with a Blockbuster app - they're being aggressive in their outreach in light of their financial woes -

Blockbuster and the Pushback by Unsecured Creditors - NYTimes.com

It's been on the HD2 for a while - Blockbuster On Demand on HTC HD2

Of course, it was originally exclusive to the Droid X, as memory serves, but when it hit the Evo, I _did_ find an HTC exec interviewed who stated outright that they were working a preferential deal for HTC and Blockbuster.

I couldn't find that article, so here's something related - HTC Sense Likely to Get Integrated Video on Demand

Netflix? Amazon? Blockbuster? Other? ;)
  3. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Well-Known Member

And here I thought blockbuster was out of business. Huh.
  4. Mitchell4500

If I want to watch a movie ill just take advantage of flash and the Megaupload app :p
  5. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Exactly why Blockbuster is going out of business.
  6. GFA

GFA Well-Known Member

$3.99 and $17.99 to view on a phone? Rip-off much?
  7. Mitchell4500

Good point. Same price as on demand. But I also wonder how the phone to TV connection thing will work.
  8. EarlyMon

From the Megaupload FAQ:

Within the last ten days, one Federal judge awarded a similar site operator a 5 year, all expenses paid, vacation in a Federal penetentiary. Just like Megaupload, he didn't actually host the material, he just allowed members to provide links with all the disclaimers. Another Fed handed a 37 year old woman a $40,000 fine for her illegal movie consumption.

So - their polyanna encouragement is absolute bullcrap, and the MPAA doesn't cheerfully go, "Golly, gee, let's just take that movie down if it won't bother you much. :eek:"

Whoa, no - they sue, they involve the Feds, they've been stepping up their game, and they've been winning.

Just a word to the wise. ;)
  9. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

My legal defense would be, "Hollywood and the music industry have been putting out garbage for as far back as anyone can remember. So my question is does the crime justify the jail time?" And if anyone had downloaded anything Lady Gaga related, I'd ask the judge to consider that as time already served.
  10. EarlyMon

Judge is just gonna say it's Da Law.

+1

Better still, I'd think that would make an excellent insanity defense! ;)
  11. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member

Both of our blockbuster stories in our area closed, as did our Hollywood video before that,I turned to Netflix.

Hopefully we will be able to use Netflix...
  12. Angelika12

Angelika12 New Member

Movie rentals from the video store is still fairly common, but a video store as easily not have to rent movies online. With all options on the way to see blockbuster films. In the old days, you have to handle everything that has to drive all the way to the store. And once you do, you are faced with the possibility of not finding exactly what you're looking for.

hollywood
  13. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

Netflix is better :D

That being said... when lame people stop electing politicians that cater to the 'rights holders' by giving them unprecedented copyright terms and outlandish settlements from grandmothers... the world will be a slightly better place.

You buy a record.. it's your record and nobody will debate that.
    You paid your 'fee' for the content.
    Now a cassette tape comes along... you get that same content and paid your 'fee' for said content again.
    The CD came along.... process repeated itself.. you paid your 'fee' for that content a third time.

Now you want to put that content that you just paid THREE licenses for on your mp3 player.
    That's copyright infringement but they like to call it THEFT because that makes it sound much more sinister.

So the question is... how much is enough?

People do not have ownership over things anymore.
    They have 'rights' to it only.

Enjoy your viewing 'rights' - keep in mind you cannot record that show because it's 'stealing' :rolleyes: