Buy apps on PC and not phone?

Last Updated:

1. David9799

David9799 Member This Topic's Starter

Can you buy apps form the market on your PC? All the ones i click on to buy want me to enter my info on the phone and it just seems like it would be easier to do on the PC.

BTW what happens when i buy a app for my current phone and then later get a new phone? Will the app have to be re-bought?

Advertisement
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Try an app called AppBrain. You can select the apps you want on your computer, and then open the app on your phone and you can install them. The app syncs to the website Appbrain.com.

The apps are linked to your google account. So if you get another phone, as soon as you log into it with your Gmail log in, you will be able to go to the market and download them again without paying. They will show up in your downloads.

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

At the current time, there really isn't a way (that I know of) to buy apps through your PC. Although, I believe Google is working on a web version of the market and then you can purchase and browse apps through your web browser.

And your app purchases are tied to your account, so as long as you don't change Google accounts, you'll be fine.

4. David9799

I don't think i have a google account, i have gmail of course but the last app i bought in the android market used paypal and my paypal email is not a gmail address.

So im not sure what you mean by google account but some of the other apps i want to buy use google checkout which i have never used before.

5. cableguynoe

Dont worry, you're fine. Even if your Paypal email that you paid with is not your Gmail, you still purchased the app while signed in to your Gmail on the phone.
    That is your Google account.

6. David9799

Actually i paid on my PC buy just emailing the guy the money then entered a code to unlock the app on the phone so i hope that counts. Is there a way to see what apps you have bought in your google account? I can see them being tracked by google checkout easily.

This is a lot of change after leaving apple.....which i now hate all apple products.

7. cableguynoe

I have done the same thing for a couple of apps, most recently LauncherPro Plus.
    In this case I don't believe the paid app is saved the way other apps are that are purchased directly through the android market. We just have to hope that the code still works when trying to install on a new phone. I'm sure it will. Most of the time you can contact the developer and they're very helpful.