• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buy in the USA for use worldwide?

rbjhb

Sep 2, 2012
I travel a lot and always buy a local prepaid sim card wherever I go, to pop into my Galaxy Note 2. I've never had a problem.

I'm now looking to upgrade to the Note 4, since I am currently in the USA and it's cheapest here. There are various versions available on Amazon - 910C, 910A, etc. I have seen posts that the letter refers to the region (and they have different CPUs as well), but Africa is not listed at all (I live in South Africa) and I just want to make sure that the phone I buy will work pretty much everywhere. For the unlocked phones that are available on amazon, the "A" seems cheaper than the "C". Is there any reason I shouldn't buy the "A"?

An international unlocked Note 4 910C, should work pretty much anywhere. Apparently the 910A version does NOT have 4G LTE modes, and is lacking in certain 3G bands as well. Which is probably why it's cheaper.
You can check compatibility yourself here for very much any country and carrier...
http://willmyphonework.net/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones