Buy now, or wait for GS4?General

Last Updated:

  1. charlie310

    charlie310 Well-Known Member

    I'm on Verizon, and I'm able to upgrade my phone tomorrow, and had these 3 phones I'd want:
    Galaxy S4
    Galaxy Note 2
    Droid DNA

    I'd like to get the GS4 because it has the newest hardware & because the resell value will be decent considering how so many people know about this phone (compared to the Droid Bionic I have now).

    If I wasn't considering resell value, I would want the Note 2 or the Droid DNA. From my understanding, the Droid DNA has better hardware than the Note, but I love the size of the note.

    Should I buy the Note 2 or Droid DNA or wait for the GS4?

  2. ScandaLeX

    ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

    If the choice were mine, it'd be the Note 2.
  3. speedlever

    speedlever Well-Known Member

    Had the Note2... loved it... and hated it... all for the size. Just too big for my daily driver. It's all a personal choice. But what a really nice device the GN2 is. Sigh.

    The GS4 is a much better daily driver for me. There simply is no single choice that's right for everyone.
  4. rivera02

    rivera02 Well-Known Member

    I have the DNA and note 2, and I definitely like the note 2 more. Keep in mind that the DNA only has 11gb of free storage out of the box and no expandable memory so that may or may not affect your choice. The s pen is also awesome if you use it frequently. The gs4 definitely has the best hardware of the three and will have the highest resale value, so if you're thinking of switching phones down the road (note 3 perhaps,) that is probably the route I would go. Good luck!
  5. Jeremy711

    Jeremy711 Member

    For the note 2 and love it. Tried the gs3 and gs4. Gs4 is an awesome device but it's not much different (look and feel wise) compared to the gs3. But a great device none the less
  6. charlie310

    charlie310 Well-Known Member

    Well, at least I narrowed my choice down to the Note 2 & the GS4. If they were both available now, I'd get the GS4. But since stupid Verizon won't release the GS4 until the end of the month, the question is should I wait for it. I'm sick of using my dookie Droid Bionic, and it has been the worst phone purchase ever. The Note 2 looks really awesome, but it's already over 6 months old. Might as well wait for the GS4. It's only 23 days.
  7. speedlever

    speedlever Well-Known Member

    Those were my choices a few weeks ago. The GS4 was still not out yet when we changed carriers so I went with the N2. Lovely device. However, I neglected to consider the additional bulk and weight of a case (OB Defender, initially, and later the Seidio Active). The OB made an already large phone just too much for my daily driver. Even the much more sleek Seidio barely made it workable for me.

    Just a data point. But look long and hard at the form factor if you even think that might be a consideration.

    I actually had 4 cases for the GN2. Still have one that got here too late to try before I swapped if for the GS4.

    The GN2 is a beautiful device. Depending on your needs, you may find one to work better than the other. I just found the GS4 to be a better match for my use and no regrets here over the swap. YMMV.
  8. The Absolute

    The Absolute Well-Known Member

    Sure glad I saw this post. I am also debating the same thing. N2 or GS4. I already pre-ordered the GS4 but wanted to see if there were any people who would take the N2 over it. I think I will keep waiting and make a decision when its closer to the release date.

Share This Page