buy online..midnight?General

Last Updated:

1. cmantelope

cmantelope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Does anyone know if the INC will be available online at midnight, of release date? - Didn't know how Verizon typically does things..

Thanks,
    CM

Advertisement
  2. andr0idfan

andr0idfan Member

In my experience (with the LG Dare), the quickest way was to call customer service. For some reason they were able to ship them several days before they were sold online or in the stores.

3. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

When you called did you refer to the device by it's numeric model name or inventory code or by it's marketing name of "LG Dare"?

4. andr0idfan

andr0idfan Member

I (and many others at howardforums) bought it by the marketing name. The customer service person always responded that it wasn't available, but when trying to place an order for it, the order would go through. It was pretty sweet being able to be one of only a few who possessed the phone. It was just my luck that the phone broke immediately after the warranty went out and left me with my old Razr v3m.

So my suggestion: once it's announced, try calling in an order.

varaonaid likes this.
  5. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member

I vaguely remembering hearing that on release day for the Droid some folks weren't getting it to show up until a few hours after 12am (Eastern)...may have even been really early morning but I don't know if that's typical of VZW or a website glitch.

6. alewifebp

alewifebp Well-Known Member

I remember the Dare situation was a mistake. Agents weren't supposed to let it be sold early, but if they were given the proper name or codes to look for, some of them would allow the order to go through. Given the secrecy here, I would say this situation will NOT happen with the Incredible.

I ended up with the Dare 2-3 days after the release date and I bought it in the store. I do remember waiting for it at midnight, but no dice.

7. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

Wow. Am I the only one who was totally misled by this thread title?

8. taris300

taris300 Well-Known Member

no, you weren't the only one, but i think its that were are soo ready to buy our hopes jumped lol
    but as far as midnight, i thought VZ normally waited until midnight PDT time, hence why the LG Dare wasn't available for a few hours after midnight EST.

9. JimmyHat

JimmyHat Well-Known Member

Let you know in about 40 minutes. It's about 11:20 EST.

10. cmantelope

cmantelope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My apologies, no deceit intended -