• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buyer beware! MUST READ!

UPDATE: I had returned my phone by doing a "return to sender" on the package so it went back to Google, where it originally shipped from. I tracked the package and it was received back on 01/11.

I've called HTC a few times and they have always told me that it's not their problem since I returned it to Google and to contact Google. So I've emailed google and filled out their "contact us" webforms etc for help but to no avail. No one from Google has ever responded to any of my messages.

Now here's the kicker: I get a call from HTC today and the guy says he's very sorry but they gave me the wrong information and that it was in fact HTC that was responsible for processing the refund. I explained to him that 3-4 different reps gave me the same information saying that Google needs to handle it, not HTC. He apologized again and said they were wrong, probably due to a lack of training but they're trying to get better. I guess it's their very first try at this whole venture so I'm not letting it bother too much anymore but this whole experience has been quite poor. Hopefully this time it'll get sorted out soon :rolleyes:

Update: Still nothing.

Upvote 0
FINAL UPDATE : Well. It seems like it was just 24 days ago when I had to contact HTC. Oh wait it was.... :rolleyes:

My ticket was FINALLY closed today and ruled a manufacturers defect. (Sorry to disappoint the trolls who insisted I didn't take care of my device)

I want to thank you all for following me on this awful journey, your comments, your support, and own experiences. In summary....

I love my Nexus one. So far the new one is doing great. HTC has made a great product with this phone, I just happened to get a dud. The service, or lack there of I received is still in my opinion unacceptable, and here is hoping that I NEVER have to deal with HTC again.

I think the 2 main issues I came across were

1. That the reps are poorly trained, not on customer service as they are usually very kind, but they also usually provide bad information. Whether this bad information is provided from HTC, supervisors, or co-workers, I don't know, but I would say about 80% of the time what I was told was inaccurate.

and

2. HTC refuses to give their supervisors the tools they need to resolve issues, expedite a return, override company policies for customer satisfaction, or properly escalate situations to someone how could. (I was "escalated" 6 times before someone called me, and she called me 2 weeks after said escalation)

Overall, I am happy with my purchase and with my phone. This thread seems like a dead horse as it is so old, so I am going to stop beating it. If any of you have something to add feel free, but I hope this has at least been informative and I again thank my fellow N1 and Android users for their advice and support. You have all been awesome.

NEXUS ONE FTW! :D

Upvote 0
FINAL UPDATE : Well. It seems like it was just 24 days ago when I had to contact HTC. Oh wait it was.... :rolleyes:

My ticket was FINALLY closed today and ruled a manufacturers defect. (Sorry to disappoint the trolls who insisted I didn't take care of my device)

I want to thank you all for following me on this awful journey, your comments, your support, and own experiences. In summary....

I love my Nexus one. So far the new one is doing great. HTC has made a great product with this phone, I just happened to get a dud. The service, or lack there of I received is still in my opinion unacceptable, and here is hoping that I NEVER have to deal with HTC again.

I think the 2 main issues I came across were

1. That the reps are poorly trained, not on customer service as they are usually very kind, but they also usually provide bad information. Whether this bad information is provided from HTC, supervisors, or co-workers, I don't know, but I would say about 80% of the time what I was told was inaccurate.

and

2. HTC refuses to give their supervisors the tools they need to resolve issues, expedite a return, override company policies for customer satisfaction, or properly escalate situations to someone how could. (I was "escalated" 6 times before someone called me, and she called me 2 weeks after said escalation)

Overall, I am happy with my purchase and with my phone. This thread seems like a dead horse as it is so old, so I am going to stop beating it. If any of you have something to add feel free, but I hope this has at least been informative and I again thank my fellow N1 and Android users for their advice and support. You have all been awesome.

NEXUS ONE FTW! :D

Glad your issue was finally resolved!

Unfortunately for me, it's not a dead horse since mine still remains in it's status quo so I'm going to keep this alive in the meantime.

Upvote 0
@system6

Did you ever get this email throughout the whole fiasco? If you did, how long did it take to close the ticket until after you got the email?

Dear ----- -------------,

We received your package. We will be reviewing the condition of the items received and will contact you if we have any further questions. You can check the status by visiting our service site.

HTC ticket #: -------------------
S/N: -----------------

Sincerely,

HTC

Please feel free to visit our help site for further assistance.

Upvote 0
@system6

Did you ever get this email throughout the whole fiasco? If you did, how long did it take to close the ticket until after you got the email?

I returned my phone at day 14 because I wasn't happy with the performance (3G, Bluetooth and screen calibration issues), and received that same email 3 weeks ago, and no credit or follow-up from HTC or Google. I've used their provided links to report that I haven't received the credit I am owed, and those emails have gone completely un-answered for over a week now. It's not just poor customer service, it is no customer service. HTC is pointing its finger at Google for the credit, and Google appears to have gone out for an extended lunch. Really pathetic. I thought the phone had great potential, but I'll never buy from Google again - way more trouble than it's worth. One of the world's largest, and I thought best corporations and it behaves like a third-world ebay seller.

Upvote 0
@7thson Sorry to hear man. I would like to say it gets better, but it's really just how much you can put up with and who you get a hold of. Call.... and call.... and call. Don't trust them to call you back or have a supervisor call you. They never did, not even once for me!

@ChrisFix No! the strange thing is they verified my email 7 times, I kept checking my spam folder and I NEVER got a single email from them.... not once. I did get a survey today strangely though. I have never enjoyed filling out a survey so much in my life as it has a limitless comments section.

Upvote 0
@ChrisFix No! the strange thing is they verified my email 7 times, I kept checking my spam folder and I NEVER got a single email from them.... not once. I did get a survey today strangely though. I have never enjoyed filling out a survey so much in my life as it has a limitless comments section.

They have my correct email address...I received their email saying they have received my return and would credit my card within seven days...they just failed to do it...and seemingly have no plan to.

I called Amex today, and had the initial purchase charges reversed, as I have proof of my returning the phone and Amex has no record of any credit provided by Google. My call to Amex took five minutes total, so as far as I'm concerned Google can deal with them now, as I'm done.

Upvote 0
I called Amex today, and had the initial purchase charges reversed, as I have proof of my returning the phone and Amex has no record of any credit provided by Google. My call to Amex took five minutes total, so as far as I'm concerned Google can deal with them now, as I'm done.

Same deal for me. I had Amex reverse mine as well and now they can deal with Google.

Upvote 0
Good for you 7th son! Finally, huh! I got a call from a rep today for the 4th time to let me know my device was found defective, there is no charge, and the ticket is closed.... don't make notes in the "system" much?

Now some will say "You complain they don't call, then you complain when they call too much...".

Not at all my friends, I am complaining because to this day there are still several people and departments who do not communicate and have no idea what is going on which should be HTCs motto... HTC... We have no idea what's going on here...."

;P

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones