• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Buying a new SD card with a rooted desire (and some SD card questions)

Chris333

Sep 12, 2010
Hey guys, my Desire is rooted with T-Mod, but i'm looking to update from the standard 2GB(i know right?) to the biggest I can possibly find. The only thing is I'm worried about the fact that this card has been partitioned when I rooted it, am I going to have to start from scratch and re-root? Or do I just partition the new one, install the ROM on the partition (? I don't really know what I'm talking about with this), and then transfer everything over once that's done?

I was looking at classes.. I've seen class 10 SD cards but can only seem to find up to class 6 in 16GB microSD and up to class 4 in 32GB microSD... I don't think i'll need 32GB, I was only getting it because I might decide to, I don't know, listen to my entire music collection without coming home in between? I guess I was just getting 32gb because I'm kind of into "Do it once, do it right." But if it's going to slow my phone down I'll just go for a 16gb...

If you're using a2SD+ you could take a nandroid backup from recovery then do a wipe of data. Put new SD in. Sign into your phone and download Rom manager and parttion card and copy all SD contentsfrom pc to new card. Then do nandroid restore from recovery

I have a rooted HTC Desire which I'm attempting to upgrade memory from 2gb to 32gb.

I was following the above instructions but when I put the new sd card in & turned on the device, it keeps repeating over & over the LeeDroid screen where it makes that funny sound. What happen? What did I do wrong & how do I fix it??? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Leedroid requires your card is partitioned before you flash it.

If you took a nandroid backup you can either:

1) flash a rom that doesnt require the partition to be in place (like the non a2sd Modaco version) then install rom manager and partition, restore back up (make sure you backed up SD card to pc before partition... So your backup is then on your pc...

2) Use a gparted live CD, mount the SD card from recovery (or use a card reader), and partiton the card that way...

Reactions: pcnovice
Upvote 0
Thanks Danfrance,

After partition evrything went smoothly.

One thing though, I've noticed that Market isn't working very well. Many apps download without a problem, some apps which I've selected to download many times & nothing happens, no queue, no download. Then I have a list of apps that have been queuing for days now & they just won't start downloading. In fact every apps since just gets added to the queue but not downloading

Have you any advice on what the issue may be??
Many Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones