Buying a used Incredible2Support

Last Updated:

1. ChargerDug

ChargerDug New Member This Topic's Starter

I currently have a (dying/dead) Incredible 2. Really liked the phone, had it for about 14 months. Have had almost no problems until yesterday. Phone froze, when I took out the battery and restarted I was stuck in an endless boot loop. After a couple of unsuccessful complete restores went to the verizon store today. I have 7 months until upgrade and without using heroic measures, the lady basically told me my phone was dead.

Soooooo....if I was to buy another one, what kind of things should I look for. I have never purchased a used phone, have always upgraded from verizon.
    Is it worth ebay or do I try an online retailer? I have a sim card in my phone, are there ones that don't require a sim card? What kind of things should I avoid? What are some of the things that I need to ask before buying? What is a fair price? Are there really places that would sell a "NIB" for under $200 (this would be my preference if it is legit)?

Help is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. KaHOnas

KaHOnas Member

Did you have root on your first Inc2? I've heard of some "horror stories" about questionable software loaded in the background of some second-hand phones. I'd immediately do a factory reset upon receipt if you did decide to go with a used phone. But that may just be my paranoia.

And regarding price, these phones are not the hot new item; they're not 4G and they're obsolescent technology. Not to say I don't still love my Inc2 but they're not the most desirable phone. Hence, you should be able to get one pretty cheap. I would think >$200 for a NIB phone isn't crazy talk.

3. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Check swappa.com I have bought and sold many times through there. I don't trust eBay as much.
    You shouldn't need a SIM card.
    The prices on Swappa are a fair representation of what you'll find anywhere, and just like anywhere else, they range depending on how many are available.

4. Kabalyero

Kabalyero New Member

If you’re looking for used or refurbished phones you see a lot at ebay. Me? I never buy at ebay specially phones and other gadgets since there tremendous complaints that most item sold to ebay are stolen phones. Same stories I heard from those who buy at Craigslist.

Last year I bought an iPhone 3 at Usedphoneuk.com for