1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Buying a used phone

1. blownss06

blownss06 Well-Known Member

I have a question? If I or anyone buys a smartphone form Verizon under contract and after lets say 1 month dont like it and sell it here or on ebay, but keep the verizon service for 2 more months and then cancel the contract will verizon put the esn on a desabled list even if its being used by theperson who bought it. My think is buying a used phone from here or anywhere and that the person just got it under contract and decides 1 month later to leave verizon and not pay the termination fee.Will verizon do something to the esn so I cannt use it.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

The ESN will be blacklisted.

Welcome to Android forums.
  3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!
  4. blownss06

blownss06 Well-Known Member

Well that sucks. I cannt imagine paying 200-300 dollars and the person you bought it from decides they dont like verizon and break the contract. Youll have a brick in your hands. What about the people on EBay selling brand new phones with no contracts, how do they get them? Alot are just regular people and not a store?