• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

buying a used triumph?

radman2112

Mar 29, 2012
hello, i was wondering if there are any issues I should look out for if I want to buy a used triumph. My wife wants to get VM USA and likes my phone ( a MT, rooted) and Id like to get her one. I see some on eBay but I'm a little leery of buying used electronics from complete strangers. Is it possible to buy a used MT and start a new VM USA account with it? Besides bad ESNs, what should I be looking out for? Thanks for your help. :)

I would suggest buying one on Craigslist locally where you are. Then you can at least hold the phone in your hands and mess with it a little. Make sure everything works that is supposed to work. If the owner of the phone has nothing to hide, there should be no problem with you checking the phone out thoroughly. Perhaps the seller would allow you to try to activate it right in front of them once they know you are committed to buying it.:D:D. Good Luck Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
A few weeks back I bought a used one for $140 off eBay. It was good condition and claimer a clean esn. I waited patiently a week or it to ship. It had a bad esn. The seller took it back for a quick refund. Within an hour of it not working I drove to two radioshacks to find one in stock. It was listed at $170 but on sale for $149. I've been very happy every day on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones