Buying/Activating QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. pawpabear

pawpabear New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I just had two quick questions. I am out of town currently, and my Dad will be picking up my droid x in about 4 hours... but Best Buy said they have to activate it for me to get the 2 year price. I don't really want to go without a phone for a good two days (when my dad will get here) so I was thinking about workarounds.

1) If I buy the phone here, (besides the authorized user and all that) could I get the $200/$300 to jsut be added to the phone bill?

2) If that doesn't work out, can I just reactivate my Blackberry after my daad gets the phone and turns it off by dialing *228? Will that affect the phone bill since there's a blackberry data plan and an android data plan (I think they're same price but technically different...right?) ?

Thanks in advance for the help! I'm jealous of y'all with your phones already =)

Advertisement
  2. cassnate6259

cassnate6259 Well-Known Member

Hmm... I'd give a call directly to Verizon, but I would think that you should be able to purchase the phone and activate it later. My logic is: if you order a phone through the website, you need to activate it yourself when you receive it.

Maybe Best Buy is required to activate it right away because they are a 3rd party.

The other thing you could do is to put yourself on the account if your dad lets you, then you could just buy it and have it activated yourself. You just get a 4-digit code (which is initially the last 4 of the main account holder's SSN).

3. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

best buy you cant get it charged to your bill so you either have to pay with a credit card or cash