• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BUying advice: Wait for SGS2 NFC or Cybershot android?

mystvearn

Android Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2010
MY
From Scotland and need buying advice. My previous 3 phones have been SE K750i, W810 and currently the SE C510. I like the C510 as it is a cybershot phone and I rarely take my SLR out anymore. I however find that I need to view my google calendar and email accounts now while I'm away from the computer. Currently, I force sync my events between google calendar to the phone. If I make an appointment on my phone, I'd go back to the pc and place it in the google calendar before I forget about it.

I've heard the NFC SGS2 is coming out next month in UK. That looks a useful addition compared to the non NFC SGS2 particularly as the I've heard SGS2 NFC is available worldwide next month. Maybe it will push the SGS2 price down which will be even more better.
Samsung Galaxy S 2 available in NFC version from June | Crave | CNET UK

I've also heard that there is a rumored Xperia Cybershot. Not sure if it has a Xenon flash onboard. Sony Ericsson prepping Android Cyber-shot smartphone? [Leaked pics] | Xperia Blog

I am not so sure how good is the Bravia technology vs the Super AMOLED+ from Samsung. Anyone can shed some light on this? I notice that the xperia cybershot is not covered a lot at this forums. I am a bit reluctant to get the xperia arc as the SGS2 seems better value for money. In fact SE's android range seem to not hit the mark at all. I can only see the Xperia Arc as being the best phone but that is not saying a lot.

Since I like a good compact camera replacement, a 4-4.5" phone with good camera, good screen and good battery should I wait for this or get a SGS2?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones